Chapter 21 - The Company's Culprit

SHANNEN POV

On my way to the play school my secretary called so I picked it up after calming myself.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:            Yes Bianca? (I cleared my throat)

Bianca:    I was trying to reach you for an hour or so. (She informed me)

Me:             I had some matters to attend to but I'm on my way back. Be there in 30 minutes top. (I checked my watch)

Bianca:     Should I reset the meeting with the Novis and the board members? (She is now typing on her keyboard)

Oh god! How could I forget?! I was supposed to have an afternoon meeting. We need to discuss the proposal and I should have read Marie's decision already.

Me:             No, I meant yes. Please set it for another hour. I need to read               the email first before I do the meeting.  (I mentally slap my head)

Bianca:     Noted. Is there anything else Shannen? (She added)

Me:             That will be all. Thanks! (I cut off the line)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I did a detour to office instead of the playschool. Twenty minutes top I'm inside the building parking Zac's car. As soon as I'm in the lobby everyone greeted me. I just smiled then went straight to my office. I turned on my computer and connect to the net.

I checked my email and saw Marie's named appeared in my inbox. I thoroughly analyse her decision I can't help but be sceptical but what can I do? She is still the owner of Collin's Realty I printed out my own copy and send my secretary in. 

"Bianca, can you please make 7 copies for the board members and Novis investors. Thanks!" I handed her the paper.

"Sure." She took it.

"Is the conference room already set?" I fixed my desk.

"Yes everything is all set." She is really efficient.

"You're really a life saver! Anyway if anyone seek for me just take their name and contacts and I'll just ring them back." I ordered smiling.

"How was the day out with the twins?" She is also fond of my kids.

When my schedule is not tight I take my lovely babies with me. Everyone loves them and sometimes they take snaps. I didn't refuse since my kids are most adorable.

"It was great!" My day is now bright with their thoughts.

"I miss having those cherubs here." She put a happy expression.

"I'll see if I can bring them next week but before that let's get back to work." I ordered in friendly way.

She head out and I started gathering the files. Minutes later Bianca rings me up about Mr. Anderson.

"Hey Mrs C! Sorry for my unexpected visit." He came in afterwards.

"Hey! Don't sweat on it Fred but I will smash your head if you don't call me on my first name." I greeted him playfully.

"Right I always forgot." He held the base of his neck.

"So how is the new head of the Finance going?" I gestured him to sit.

"It was nerve rocking. I still owe you that promotion six months ago." He sat on my couch.

When I became CEO I had to make few changes of course with Marie's consent. Fred was one of the few people I promoted and he works with his trusted accounting team. I found some suspicious accounts that had been withdrawn and a cheque signed by Zac. It was odd so I gave him the go signal to work on it.

"You deserve it. Any update from the department?" I inquired straight away.

"That's actually the reason I came in. I found out that Mr. Collins I mean Zac's penmanship was forged. If you look closely the strokes of each letter you will see the difference." He handed me two papers with Zac's signature on it.

"It can only mean one thing Fred someone or somebody is stealing the Companies money using my husband's name. If this act continues, the company will be in doomed. Do you have any leads who could it be?" I started to panic.

"As of now I have no one in my perception the culprit knew everything inside the Company. There could be more than one person involved in this." Fred gave his opinion.

"Keep the investigations going and I'll send you someone who can help you out. I'll be giving you his name and contact number as soon as I talked to him. One more thing let's keep this confidential." My authoritative voice came out.

"You have my full vow on secrecy." Fred assured me.

"Thank you Fred. Your loyalty and honesty is enough to prove your worth and what the Company needed." I praised him.

"Thanks Mrs.--- I meant Shannen." He began to stand up from seat.

"Shannen the board members and Novis investigators are in the conference room now." Bianca came in.

"I better head off to the meeting. It was nice seeing you Fred. Have a great day! Stay safe!" I focused my attention to him.

"You too Shannen." He head to the door.

After composing myself I went straight to the board meeting.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine