Chapter 15 - The Lost Soul

ZAC POV

After hearing it suddenly all the memories from my past came rushing into me. I remember every single detail of our live together. From the college days, the graduation day along with the proposal, then the wedding and the Caribbean trip, our honeymoon celebration, the baby shower. It was the same day the accident happened and my last conversations with my father.

"January 20. It was the date of baby shower and the accident." I stated specifically.

"Yes it is. How did you---? Oh My God! You remember everything now?" Mom gasped.

"Every single detail of my existence. Tell me what happen to Shannen? Our children? I already waited long enough for the truth so no more lies please." I stated in full knowledge.

"Shannen was very worried that day so when she got a call from your phone..." She paused while I'm on my wit ends.

"What happened mom?" I tried to stay calm.

"After she heard you were in accident... she fainted and rushed to the hospital... she was with Jorge inside the ambulance and we followed... when we got there... Martin explained her critical condition." She detailed slowly.

"How about our babies?" My heart started to beat rapidly.

"Martin had to do an operation to take the babies out on her womb by force. Otherwise the three of them will not be able to survive." Mom finished her story.

"Did Shannen survived? Did my kids made it?" I prayed they did.

"Yes... they all did and you have two beautiful children." Mom confirmed and I felt relieved by that.

"Did Dad really died?" I raised another question.

"Yes. He lost a lot of blood and has a weak heartbeat. Your father died on the way to the hospital." She nodded crying.

Having amnesia and my Dad's death must have been very hard for her to take in. I'm still in my own thoughts when Mom handed me a photo album. It belongs to my kids from the first day they were born until their sixth month age. I didn't realize I'm already crying and I couldn't stop it from pouring down. I missed their births and every first of their lives. I left my wife suffered and endured all the pain from their situation. This has to end.

I will go back in New York with the earliest flight possible. I need to see my wife! Oh god she must have been devastated thinking about my condition and my kids! They need to know I am their father.

"I am going to New York." I stated when Mom heard me.

"Zac... you can't just go back." She opposed suddenly.

"What do you mean I can't? Shannen is probably worried about me and I'm her husband! For sure she will be very happy to know I remember everything now. She knows about my amnesia, right?" I stopped for a moment.

"I... she knew you're... dead." Her last statement left me stunned.

"SHE KNOWS WHAT?!" I was back fuming and right now I can kill someone.

"I'm very...very... sorry. The doctor claimed you might not have the chance to remember so we made that decision. Believe me it was very hard on us too especially with Shannen. Her health is already at risk back then and the pressured with the kids' health is too much. So we did the only thing we thought is best." Mom tried to defend her side.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE? WHO ELSE KNEW ABOUT THIS?! TELL ME FOR FUCKING SAKE!!" I don't really care if I am cursing in front of her.

"It's... me... Jorge... Elena... Sherry and Martin." She named one by one.

"YOU LIED?!!? YOU ALL LIED TO ME AND TO SHANNEN!? YOU ALL KNEW AND NONE OF YOU EVEN BOTHER TELLING HER THE TRUTH!! NOT A SINGLE FUCKING TRUTH!!" I punched the nearest wall.

"We didn't know when you will get your memories back. We only thought..." Mom sobbed and for the first time I couldn't find any sympathy with her.

"WHAT IF I DIDN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ESPECIALLY MY WIFE... WOULD YOU EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ME OR YOU WILL BURY THIS IMPORTANT DETAIL OF MY LIFE?!" I retorted while my hands are bleeding.

"Please... please... please... forgive us... forgive me." She pleaded.

"I can't even fathom how you can look me in the eye and pretend nothing is wrong. How could you turn to be so heartless person?" I felt in the verge of madness.

"Pleeeeaase Zac.... forgive me son." Her face showed remorse.

"Don't.Ever.Call.Me.Your.Son. You lost the right being my mother when you lied straight to my face." I said with disgust.

I rushed to my room and started gathering all my clothes.  I can hear her footsteps behind me but I am in the situation where I don't want to be near her.

"Please don't hate me... please don't leave Zac... pleaseeee..." She keeps on going but I had enough of it.

"Honestly I can't be in the same house with you. It's too much for me to take in so I am sorry but I'm leaving. Don't call me or find me it's my only demand. I need to find a way to go back to my REAL family." I emphasized the word. 

I left her standing and didn't look back. Yes I felt bad for disrespecting her but with all the revelations I heard. I can't find it in my heart to forgive her. Maybe I will in time but that is not today.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine