Chapter 33 - The Unexpected Arrival

SHANNEN POV

Bianca handed me the contract that I was to sign when somebody came in and stopped me.

"You will not sign any contract with them Shannen because I personally withdrew my decision." Marie bursts from the door.

"Mom." "Mrs. Collins." Everyone gasped wide eyes including me.

Maybe this is the plan that Zac had in mind. My husband is such a genius! I can't help but smile as I saw Marie standing here.

"No you can't Marie, it's too late the board have already decided. Besides you let Mrs. Shannen Collins take over in exchange of your absence. You were never here for the last six months. Shannen made her decision to abstain and the majority of the votes have decided." Mr. Benson defies.

"I am still the legal wife of Cristoff and this is our Company! It is upon me to decide on this matter!" Marie gave him a grim face.

"No can do Marie it's still useless. You need at least one more vote but your daughter-in-law chose to abstain. Since your husband and son are dead no one will make that vote." Mr. Benson mocked her.

"That's why I am here!" Zac came inside the conference room.

"It's impossible! You and Cristoff are... dead!! I made sure of that how did you stay alive?" Mr. Benson turned pale.

The Board Members were startled and speechless with Mr. Benson's confession.

"You murdered my father-in-law." I stated with confirmation.  

"YOU PLANNED TO KILL MY FATHER!! YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!! I WILL KILL YOU!!" Zac connected his fist with Mr. Benson's jaw.

"YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF FOR THAT ACCUSATION!!" Mr. Benson tried to defend his claim.

"Your confession inside this room is enough as evidence but we will make sure to hand more evidence as soon as we file the case against you." Marie marched towards Mr. Benson.

"YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANYTHING!!" Mr. Benson yelled still on the ground.

"Leave now Mr. Benson before I order the security to take you by force." My voice turns menacingly. 

"We will you in court Mr. Benson." Marie's powerful voiced.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!" He threatened us once again.

"DON'T YOU DARE THREATENED MY WIFE AND MY MOTHER! I CAN SUE YOU FOR THAT!! Leave our premises while I still have patience not to KILL YOU!!" My husband is now shaking in anger.

Mr. Benson was escorted on the way out by Mr. Singh and Mr. Davis.  The atmosphere was back on its calm and peaceful state when they left. The rest of the Board Members welcomed Zac and mom's presence. They were glad he is alive and Marie withdrew her vote. After some more greetings and talking they leave one by one.

"What do we do now?" Marie attention is still on the papers.

"We will call for general meeting. It's time they know I'm back and alive." Zac winked at me.

"So it means you'll be the CEO again?" My eyes filled with curiosity and excitement.

"Yup, that's my promise isn't it? Besides your responsibility is at home with me and the kids I want you to focus on them babe they need us specially now there's a new threat from Mr. Benson." He cupped my cheek.

"Now we have more reasons to proceed on investigating Mr. Benson. After his outburst and the threat he just did." Marie commented.

"We also have witnesses but still we need strong evidence. Even he admitted it he can still find ways to get out of it." Zac thinks rationally.

"Then it's about time to meet Andrew and the Coffeeshop owner." I tipped off.

"Coffeeshop owner? What does it have to do with the case?" Marie raised her eyebrow.

I gave all the false report from the accident up to the footage in the basement. Marie almost loses her balance when she heard everything.

"Mom please sit down." Zac guided her at the chair while I grabbed some water.

"What time is the Owner expecting you?" Marie talked more relax.

"I was actually going call Zac. I suggest we do it now so we can resolve this as soon as possible." I proposed.

"I am coming with you. It's my husband's life that was taken from me and if we can find more evidences from this footage the better. This case was long overdue and it's all worming us out." Marie began standing up.

"We better take two steps forward before them. Be smarter than them. Everyone will pay for killing my father and for ruin our lives." My husband's determined voice.

"I will give Andrew a call for the meantime we need to go at the main lounge it's almost time for the general meeting." I followed Marie while Zac is holding my hand.

We head to main lounge of the building where the employees are waiting. First impression was shocked and explained that he survived the accident but we didn't explain furthermore. They were happy to know that Zac is back for good and requested for celebration. The meeting ended and we promised to give a welcome back party.

We went back to my office while Marie left to pick up the kids. She wants to see them after five months personally and so as my parents so we let her be. I gave her my car keys since I will be riding with Zac.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine