Chapter 13 - The Bonding Moments

SHANNEN POV

After eating breakfast I bathed and dress them. For Steph, I made her wear pink sundress but in case I put on a pink beanie. With Zandy, I dressed him with cotton pants, blue shirt and blue beanie. In case the weather changes I brought their jackets. My kids are the cutest in the whole world!!

Sherry stays with them while I get myself ready. I grabbed the faded skinny jeans and black tank top. I didn't bother putting make up since I really don't need it. But Sherry insisted I'm pale so I ended up putting lip gloss and blush on.

I fixed their car boosters on Zac's car and clean it a little. Eversince we start having a day out, my kids don't throw any tantrums. I also noticed they are more comfortable at their father's car than mine. I don't know why maybe they feel closer with their Dad.

After I buckled them on their seats we reached the playground and I set up the mat. I sling the baby bag on my shoulder and the small snacks I bought. After I fixed everything my phone rings it was Mom.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Mom:         Hi sweetie! Where are you? I've been calling at home but     no one is picking up. (Mom worried tone)

Me:             I'm out with the kids Mom! Is there something wrong? We haven't seeing each other since last month Mom. Guess you're too busy planning for the birthday (I focused my attention to my kids)

Mom:         Don't worry about the preparation. Anyway I just call because I just want to visit my grandchildren I missed them.  (She sounded depress)

Me:             We just got here in the park if want you can come here. (I offered)

Mom:         It's okay I'll come by a little later just enjoy the day with the kids. I need to pick up some things in the supermarket too before I came. I'll give you a call soon. Love you honey!    (Mom refused)

Me:             Yeah sure, see yah. Be safe! Love you too! (I ended the line)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

A little later Steph starts crying because Zandy steal her rattle while Zandy is giggling. He likes to tease his sister at the end he will a hug or hold Steph and she will stop crying. Steph on the other hand is a little bossy if she wants something it has to be done. She got her attitude from me though. Nevertheless they are the sweetest kids and I love them so much I will risk my life over and over again for them.  If only Zac is here we will be a normal family, we will stroll around the city or do picnics.

After our quality time we went home around twelve. They were exhausted so I carried them in my arms and placed on their cots. I head downstairs to cook some lunch. Bianca came at expected time and in time when Mom arrived.

I made coffee and went to our home office/library to study the proposal. Since my twins were with their grandmother I have time to concentrate. It was almost dinner when I finished and Mom left few minutes later Sher arrived. Since my door is ajar I noticed Sherry got a big smile on her face and remembered her date.

"Your date turned out great." I saw her almost jumped.

"Oh my fu---friendly God! You scared me!" She exclaimed.

"Shhhh! Now tell me what happened? Where did he take you? Did you kiss? When's the next date?" I squealed this time.

"Good Google! You're worse than the paparazzi. I'm not going to tell you anything you are too nosy." Sher tongued out at me.

"Spill now or I'll call Martin." I threatened her playfully.

"No! Don't do that! Fine! We kissed then went to a romantic dinner. I don't know when or if there's any next date." She elaborated without paused.

"You my dear sister will get laid very soon." I teased.

With the way her face reacted I already knew it. I think she's just shy to admit it.

"God! You are so evil. Why are you still up anyway? It's already half pass ten and what's that?" She pointed the papers in my hand.

"Oh... It's a new proposal I was just studying. I'm actually just wrapping it up." I gathered the files.

"You don't stay up late and do it at home unless it's a tough one." Sher was right.

"I just had a lot of things to do yesterday and I forgot it." I put it back on the desk.

"You've been stressed lately is everything okay little sis? You can talk to me you know." Sher observed me.

"I am but don't worry I'll be fine." I convinced her.

"Be fair. You made me talk so now it's your turn, what's bugging you?" She folded her arms.

"Last month it was Zac's birthday and I haven't seen his grave. He might think I'm a bad wife for not visiting him since the accident. I just can't accept and can't move on. I love him so much that it hurts and sometimes I wish he is still alive." I gave in.

"What if Zac survived and could still be alive? What you think will happen?" Her remark caught me off guard.

Sher stayed silent for a moment I saw guilt in her eyes but it was gone as soon as she speaks. What if she knows something? She's been giving this opinion lately.

"If he survived then we will be a normal family then you won't be here. Instead Zac will be helping me with our kids, do picnics and roaming around the streets... but it's impossible." I stopped and get sad again.

"Yeah that's most likely the case will be." She nodded.

"To be honest if there are things that made Cris and Zac's lives worthy it's the kids and our family being close again." I took the bright side.

"I know and let's just say it's also a blessing. Anyway it's getting late you have work tomorrow. Goodnight sis. Love yah!" She headed fast to her bedroom.

I watched her figure get inside her occupied room and thought about her comment earlier. If Sher belongs to the people who played me and Zac I really don't know what I will do or feel. One thing is for sure, I can't simply trust anybody not even my own family. God, give me enough strength to surpass this.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine