Chapter 17 - The Naked Truth

SHANNEN POV

"We know what really happened after the accident. We---" Dad started and I'm close to explode.

"We lied." Mom interrupted.

"What exactly did you lie about?" I braced myself.

"Z----ac... is... alive." Mom stuttered.

"What? How? I thought he died?" I threw every possible question I can think of.

Everything is clear to me now Andrew's investigation was in fact true. That's why I felt something is not right.

"Shannen, I know it's a lot to take in but it's the truth." Dad reached out for my hand.

"Why did you lie to me? Why did you let me suffer for something that DIDN'T even exist? I was grieving for the last six months Dad and none of you cared enough to tell me." I stayed clam but my tone is filled with sadness.

"We thought it was the best solution. You were under a lot of pressure with the twins' health including yours and we couldn't risk that." Mom explained.

"Zac was in coma but the---" Dad continued.

"I wanna see him which hospital he is in now?" I cut him.

"Shannen, let me finish. Because of the impact he had amnesia and chances that Zac remembering his past is very low." Dad finished.

"What happened did he wake up? Please tell me and stop lying. I can't bear to take any more lies." I bravely said.

"He... he woke up after two months same time you undergo therapy.  Due to circumstances Zac lost his memory totally. In fact he doesn't even know his own name so we decided to keep it from you." Mom words were calmed and cautious.

"Didn't you even think for once that it's not your place to decide? How could you hide it from me? I could've helped him gain his memory back." I retorted reasonably.

"You don't understand Zac might not get it back so Marie consulted us before she flew in Italy with Zac. In that way somehow it will trigger in his mind to remember anything and when that happens we would tell you everything." Dad thoroughly explained.

"Do Sherry and Martin know this?" My suspicious got clearer.

"Yes." Mom confirmed.

"We are very sorry you have to find out this way sweetie. We want you to know we only did it for you and Zac's sake." Dad came to my side.

"I... I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I am trying my very best to understand this I just don't know how."  I gave a static emotion.

"We understand and expected this. It was a very big mistake and bad decision. We hoped in time you can forgive us." My parents begged.

"Right now I feel so much hurt and betrayed from the people I trusted the most. I can't believe that you of all people can do this to me. You left me in the dark for so long. It will take me a while for me to forgive any of you so please don't push me now and give me some time." I left without saying goodbye.

I get into the car and cry my hearts out. I wanted to scream and hate everyone around me but it's useless. Now I know the truth but I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm happy to know my husband is alive but I'm also lost. I cried for my kids because they won't be able to see their father not until Zac gets better. I cried since I don't know if he will be able to remember us. I cried for the betrayal that my family caused me.

After crying for a long time I drove to day care and picked up my kids. For now they are the only people who love me unconditionally.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine