Chapter 19 - The Forgiveness Comes

ZAC POV

I was about to carry my other luggage when Mom knocked on my door.

"You're really leaving?" She approached me.

"I'm going back to New York and you can't stop me. Why do you even care? You're one of the people who betrayed me." I showed my anger.

"Don't speak to me that way Zac Jayden I am still your mother! I understand you hate me and I get that but at least try to be civil with me." She scolded me like a kid.

She has a point and I was way out of line. I'm just so mad and I can't forget what they did. The pain is too deep and I'm battling with my mind when she talks again.

"Take this." She returned my wedding ring.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"When you go back there please tell Shannen how deeply sorry I am. I would like to do it personally but I think this is for the best. Tell her I already emailed my decision about the proposal. She's in charge of the company as the new CEO." She informed me.

"I'm sure she is doing well running the company." I proudly acknowledge.

"She is. I was never wrong about her the first time I met her." She complimented my wife.

"Wait what kind of proposal was it?" I felt intrigued.

"It was from Mr. Benson." Mom mentioned my Dad's possible murderer.

"Is this is the same as Tony Benson? The one who withdrew all his shares prior to my wedding day?" I became anxious.

"Yeah that's him. Why?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I think you need to know something..." I started telling her my last conversation with Dad before the accident.

"Oh God! Then Shannen was right all along that the accident could be all planted? Are you really sure it was Tony behind it?" Mom shocked face.

"Yes that was my suspicions but we need facts. We have to prove it before take the necessary actions. What you mean my wife is right?" I
interrogate again. 

"Six months after the accident Shannen hired a private investigator. She wasn't convinced with the police report and wants to do a rerun. We tried to stop her in fear of knowing you're alive but she was so stubborn. She never gave up on finding any flaws." Mom disclosed.

That's how my wife is and I can't help but smile.

"What happened with the investigation?" I focused again.

"Elena hasn't heard anything yet from her." Her honest replied.

"I need to go back home. Since you gave her the full authority and legal sole owner of the company then my kids and Shannen could be in danger." My voice came out as panic.

"Oh God! I'm coming with you.  I need to know who killed your father." She started going to her room and I followed.

"You can't go and risk your life and safety. You are all I have aside from my wife and my kids. Please stay here. I promise I will update you as soon as I find anything." I stopped her.

Now I understand what she meant by doing what is best for our sake. I can't keep on blaming them for what happened. We are all victims and the only person or people responsible are still out there.

"But---" She refused.

"Mom, I forgive you I understand now what you did. I'm sorry for the hurtful words and being such immature son. I shouldn't blame you or my in-laws. I love you Mom." I hugged her tightly.

"Thank you my son I love you too. Your father is surely proud of you." She cried in my arms.

"Let's just forget and move on. For now I want you to stay with Aunt Arianna so they can take care of you while I'm gone. Don't follow me back home, I know you." I demanded her.

"I promise and I understand you have a lot of catching up with Shannen and your kids. Plus you need to have a sex life you're being grumpy most of the time." I chuckled.

Our relationship returned to normal and she began giving facts about my kids. We were about to head to the car when my phone rings.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine