Chapter 25 - The Husband's Return

ZAC POV

We exit at the VIP lane and called Mom but it went through voicemail. Ben was on phone call so I gave him some privacy.

"Zac, where exactly do you live? I can instruct my driver to drop you off first?" Ben appeared behind me.

"I will just grab a cab from here Ben and you go ahead." I declined.

"No I insist besides you don't wanna go home smelling like shit." He crinkled his nose.

"Yeah right I need to change and freshen up." I smelled myself.

"Then you have no reasons to decline besides taxi will take you ages. My place is about an hour away from here though is that okay?"  Ben pointed to the black MB.

"This is the last time I am accepting your help man. Thank you." I grabbed my luggage.

"Don't mention it. Come on!" Ben motioned me to follow.

We get into his car and soon we are inside his penthouse.

"Want something to drink?" He offered.

"I'll have coffee thanks!" I simply said.

"I don't know how you want it so better you make it yourself." Ben handed me a mug.

"Nice pad you got man." I complimented his place.

"Thanks I actually plan on selling this." He opened up.

"Well if you need help just tell me. My father-in-law is on Advertising so I can help you with the buyers." I suggested.

"I Will. So how do you feel now?" He led us to the couch.

"Still the same but I couldn't careless man. I'm ready whatever the outcome is I'm going back home today and surprise her." I sipped the hot drink.

"That's my man! Now let's get you clean up before you have a heart attack with excitement!" He chuckled.

"Right." I placed the empty mug on the table.

"The bathroom is the door by the hallway to the right." He instructed me.

I felt like I'm on my wedding day again with all my nerves shaking in excitement and nervousness. I shaved my growing beard these past few days. Put on a white loose shirt, dark jeans and a light jacket. I styled my hair the way Shannen want it to be. I still have the watch she gave on our first anniversary. I sprayed Shannen's favourite scent on me. I checked myself one last time and walked out the shower.

"I could get use being gay if you clean up that well... totally hot." He whistled.

"I could also get use of punching your face if you don't stop." I retorted.

"You might get laid soon as you get into the door." He teased.

"Anyway it's already 8:30. Wish me luck." I held my luggage.

"I'll call my driver to take you there." He stopped me.

"Its okay I already called a cab." I made sure he can't argue on this.

"Here's my café address. I hope to see you again and by time I have to meet your family." He handed me a paper.

"That's for sure. Thank you so much for everything man. I will see you soon." I promised.

"Now go get your woman and rock her world!" Ben guides me to the door.

"I will definitely make her scream." I commented smirking.

I entered the elevator and soon I saw the cab is waiting. I gave the direction to the driver and half hour later I'm standing in front of our house.

Finally I'm few steps away from my family. I was about to go open the door when I remember I don't have a key! Damn it! Think straight Zac! Then just like a light bulb my eyes focus on the garage. I remember I used to have spare key in my toolbox. After I found it I went back to the front door and open it carefully. I dropped my luggage off the floor and went straight to my wife and...

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine