V-CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4: Are we welcomed?

Loris

"Beware: Underground Rogue Society. It is composed of three despicable groups that usually roam around inside the campus during independence hour to perform a massacre," Estelle mumbled.

"Hello, newbies." I instantly turn my body when someone unexpectedly speaks behind me.

She is a girl wearing the same suit as the man we met a while ago. The only visible difference is that she wears a skirt. I slightly bow to show some respect or most likely to just recognize her presence. She smiled and nod too. From my distance, I assume that her vital statistics is 34-28-36. She seems very sophisticated and smart.

"My name is Bea Trix, the auditor of SAC and currently I am acting as the secretary for some reasons. I am told by Mrs. Rivera, the principal, to welcome you here and of course to tell you to proceed into her office," she said while her hands are at her back.

I take a deep breath. I slowly glance at them. Estelle is blinking her eyes while facing the ground, Oliver is biting his lower lip while nodding and Heartle look at me with a pleading eyes. I sigh as I glance at Bea.

"Do the honor, Ms. Bea." Bea slightly nod before starting to step.

I started flowing her. I scans the place where I am. This is a very big place. There are trees and flowers, the choice of paints can calm you and the landscaping resembles the classical period while the building is modernized. I sigh. There must be a story behind this scheme. I mentally bounce when Bea started a conversation.

"Do you know where you are? I mean, which realm did you enter?" she asked while her hands are kept in her back.

A strong wind blows. I instantly close my eyes as I felt the coldness of the wind. I let out a deep breath before glancing at them. Estelle and Oliver is scanning the area and Heartle is looking at Bea. I turn my head and fix my bag on my back. I heard a soft chuckles from Bea. My brows instantly lifted.

"This is Underground Academy, where everything is being controlled by the underground society represented by Mrs. Rivera." She turn around and stop. "Where losers are highly determinated."

She turn around and started walking again. "Even though you aren't, there should be the one can make you one. Be careful who to trust because trust corresponds to threat." She is still walking without saying anything.

Those simple words she told a few minutes ago arouse my curiosity even more. A trust equal to threat? What's with this place? I scan the area. Now, I get it. This place is structurally a perfection but the ambience is also a horrific perfection. Aside from the blood a while ago, there's nothing dirty that you can notice. But if you have sixth sense, you should have notice the song of the air.

We entered a hallway and a few steps from our standpoint is an elevator already swung. Bea directly get in and we made our way as well. She press the button for the highest floor.

Our breathing resonates. No one is talking. The place is too small to freely breath. The pressure is making us sweat. The sound of the elevator is the only noise I can hear. The dead air makes the ambiance heavy.

Thankfully, the bell rings and the elevator opens. Bea makes her way out before us. I followed Bea. I silently inspect the area. It is very gloomy and quiet. The only sound that I can hear is from Bea's heels and from our shoes. The temperature, I assume, is around twenty seven degree celsius.

Few meters from the elevator is the only door, a wooden one, that I have seen in this floor. Bea raise her palm before she approach and knocks on the door. She opens the door and made her way inside. She close the door after.