XXXIX-CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38: Are you in or out?

It's been eight hours since Estelle and Theo was caught. Estelle is forcing herself to be awake while Theo looks like he is used to this situation. Though, he is still trembling but his eyes are wide awake. Because of the coldness of the place, Estelle's eyes wanted to badly close but she must not close her eyes. She has to be awake or else she will get frozen.

Later that night, food was served to them. Thankfully, the food was not disgusting. It was even delicious. They forced themselves to eat that dinner because they are not stupid.

"We are already brink of death, will I let my chance to survive take off?" Estelle thought before eating her dinner yesterday night.

It's seven o'clock in the morning and the jail is still cold. Estelle and Theo is both waiting for their today's fate. Yesterday, even if Estelle can't remember anything three years ago and years before the hike, Theo revealed everything.

"It so sad to think that I was actually the one who caused it," Theo said while bowing his head.

"Cause what?" Estelle said even if she already had a hunch but she wants confirmation.

Theo lifted his head as a tear fell. "Do you remember the name Nickter, Zoccoletta?"

Estelle's eyes diminish. "Nickter?" She raised her head. "He was the owner of a German Shepherd that bit my hips when... I was five?"

Theo nodded his head continuously. "It's me." Estelle turned her head into Theo. "I am Theo Nickter. I'm sorry."

Estelle immediately move towards Theo. She caressed his cheeks after wiping out his tears. "It's okay. I'm okay. I didn't die." Estelle chuckled.

More tears from Theo's eyes fell down. "No, Zoccoletta. I have been the reason why you got that anxiety."

Estelle's face softened. "Shhh. I'm still here. I'm fine. It's not your fault that your dog bit me," she said while eyeing Theo.

"But he is my responsibility, Zoccolleta." Theo caressed Estelle's cheek as another tear fell. "Instead of being responsible, I chose to runaway. I'm sorry."

Estelle let go of Theo's cheeks but she held his hand firmly. Estelle smiled despite of the tears and the heartache she is feeling.

"Then, three years ago." Theo let go of Estelle's cheeks. "You were the same old importunate girl minus the fact that you don't even recognized me." Theo chuckled. "I thought..."

Estelle smile reassuringly. "Hmmm?"

Theo closed his eyes intently. "I thought it was destiny." He chuckled but tears went down again. "But it was." Theo nodded his head. "It was a destiny of keeping us apart again." He lifted his head while looking at Estelle. "I lost you again because of myself, again."

Estelle bowed her head but she squeezed Theo's hands a bit. "If I am an importunate girl way back, why did you lost me?" One tear fell. "You pushed me away?"

Theo immediately shook his head. "No, but you are still an importunate girl." He slightly chuckled. "Damned girl. You presented to ask help the first time you knew that we are locked up." Theo smiled proudly. "You escaped with Loris, Heartle and Oliver for God knows where did you find the way out. I" —His eyes began to water again— "I thought that you will come back after few days or a week." Tears flooded in his face. "But you never came back and so I made my plan."

On the other hand, the Anonymous Legionary members and the three of the HOLE Squad is right inside the same apartment unit.

"Why are you doing him a big favor?" Heartle chided.