XXI-CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20: Is this reconciliation?

Estelle

"Are you not done yet?" I said.

She stops slashing the sword and catches her breath. I chuckled as I shake my head. This person must be a part of the Rogue Society. She just attacked me from nowhere?

"Why are you chuckling, bitch!" she said.

My eyes got bigger. She is actually using a voice changer but something from what she said makes me think that she is a lady. I scan her body and she has a built of a girl. Stupid of me for not thinking about the color of the mask as well.

"Coward," I said louder than my usual voice.

The place became silent. I saw her tightening her muscles. The sword is shaking a bit but her body is still. I stand properly and put my hand at the back. I slant my head and stared at her eyes.

"You want me to elaborate?" I whispered.

The place fell into a deep silence again. I close my eyes and savior the cold breeze bumping my body. Then, I opened my eyes and she is still standing without moving.

"I can't believe that the ex queen is too coward."

I am in my gloomy room. I am done doing my necessary stuffs and I am good to go. It's still five o'clock so I bet the three are still in their rooms and asleep. I stand up and pick my bag from my bed. I fix it behind me when someone knocks on my door.

My face frown as I approach the door. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before opening it. Heartle's morning face with her pajamas pops up. She immediately approach me to the point that I haven't even move. She hugs me tight after. She smells nasty but what ever, I need this warmth.

"I am sorry," she whispered.

I immediately hug her back. Heartle is my little sister, she is actually our little sister. Even though we have misunderstanding in the past, it'll never hold me back from hugging her. I may not physically giving her the idea of a big sister but I truly love this girl. She is annoying at most of the time but I really miss this Heartle Cepheus.

"Why are you saying sorry? You just wake me up from my own misery," I said while pulling myself back.

She pulls herself too. "If I remember correctly, I am the one who force all of you here." She bows her head. "If I didn't force you, that would should not have happened."

I chuckled. "Heartle, it's my fault that I chose to eat my most hated raw food." I lift her head using my hand. "It's not your fault, it's mine alone. Don't blame yourself because you feel like your indirectly involve."

She pouts her lips. "But still—"

"I have to go, Heartle," I cut her off. "It's already six and I have a master waiting for his slave."

She grimace. "Is Theo treating you like a slave?"

I smirk at her as I stare at the ceiling. "Not always."

She frown but I already left my room after saying that. I shrug my shoulders and left the apartment as well. I feel at ease now that Heartle and I are good. But on the second thought, I am not. I just remembered that I left Theo without letting him finish his words. Crap!

I am already in the SAC and COR Office's entrance. I scan my name plate and get myself in. The cubicles are still vacant except for one. Bea is in her cubicle already while typing something on her computer.

Since Theo isn't here yet, maybe I could have a chat with Bea. I approach Bea without making any noises from my toes. When I arrived at her cubicle, her muscles tightened. She just felt my presence.

"Bea," I said.

Her muscles calmed and she faces me formally. "What can I help you, Estelle?"

"Aren't you tired of pretending, Bea?" I said while grabbing the seat beside her cubicle.

Her legs began to shake, her eyes are blinking and her hands are holding each other. I sit on the chair I just grabbed. I stared at her, eye to eye.

"Bea, you have the right to be free. Why are you reprimanding yourself that?"

"It's because she is afraid, Estelle." I turn my head and I saw Theo standing with his hands are on his pocket. "Fear is the answer to your questions."

"There's nothing to be afraid of," —I return my head to Bea— "Bea."

"That's what I am always telling her, Estelle, but she always keeps herself being a deaf."

My face frown. "The rules of UA isn't against your being, right?"

I snorted when I felt a warm hands on my shoulders. "Yes," Theo said while he is in my back.

Bea close her eyes intently. "Theo and Estelle, look, thank you for your concern but—"

"But what?" Theo and I said in unison.

She opens her eyes with a frown. "It's hard. I mean, I should have done this earlier. If everyone knows this, I will be the laughing stock of everyone."

"You are over thinking, Bea. If ever you will be a laughing stock, then so be it. But look on the bright side, you are freeing yourself. You are giving yourself a new world without fear," I said while looking straight into her.

"You don't understand, Estelle." She looks away. "I will still be leaving in fear either way. Free myself means I am accepting any judgements from them. I'm sure they will trash me if they will know this."

Then, I suddenly remembered what Heartle said. "Isn't there's a rainbow after the rain?" Theo clears his throat and at the same time Bea looks at me. "If there's no beginning, there's no rising action."

Bea snorted. "But there's also falling action, Estelle."

"But there's also an ending," Theo said.

I nod my head while looking at Bea. I don't know if I helped or what because she looks messed up. She is torn between two things. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I felt Theo already pulled his hands off my shoulder. I open my eyes and stare at Bea.

"Your situation is like a breeze, you can't see it but it's true. You can't see it but it wanders around and help people breath just like you do as a leader. But did you know that even people don't actually see the breeze, they know it's true because they feel it." I pointed myself. "I feel it."

"Is that the reason why you knew what am I really is?" Bea whispered.

"She can read you, actually."

My eyes widened. I am certain that among of all people, aside from my parents and the HOLE Squad, I never informed anyone else and I swear. How did Theo knew that? Could he possibly read behavior just like I? That's just impossible as the dudes.

"I can't believe you forgot about it,"
Theo whispered.

End Of The Chapter 20

Other works:

KEEPING THE KEEPER

LOVING MY LOVER

TAKE A ONE-SHOT

Dedicated to jiahn12 & MsButterfly