X-CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9: How to win?

Heartle

Calfroy opened his mata and clenched his panga. "Be part of my despicable group then."

I raised my kilay. My despicable group? Does it mean na isa siya sa leader ng isa sa mga group sa Rogue Society?

"I'm Calfroy Ernst, once again, the leader of the 7th Powerhouse," he said while offering his kamay.

I stare sa kanyang mukha. He doesn't sound like a leader. He is more likely sounding like a subordinate. But whatever, I need and want to join.

I accept his hand. "I'm Heartle Cepheus, masaya and natutuwa to be part of 7th Powerhouse."

I am in the headquarters of 7th Powerhouse. The unang palapag is probably one-fourth of the whole Underground Basement and so is the second floor. Ako ay kasalukuyang nasa second floor and patiently na naghihintay for Master Cal's go signal.

Later that moment when I met Master Cal, hindi niya ako binigyan ng orientation nor initiation process. Nakakapagtaka because organizations like this one, usually dapat may initiation and orientation but nonetheless masaya ako to be part of 7th Powerhouse. I have met my peers a few hours ago and they don't sound like a mamamatay-tao men at all just like what the note said.

I am thunderstruck when I hear a knock on the door. I let a malalim na hininga out as I stand. I approach the door and open it. I'm not shock to see Master Cal outside. I didn't say any word nalang because I think he is galit. I'm not Estelle but Cal is pretty easy to read.

I sit on the sofa and so is he. I frown at him. He is facing the sahig. Am I that ugly para hindi siya mag-look sa akin? Gosh! I thump my feet together to catch his attention. He immediately glance at me and I raised my eyebrows. His face immediately nagbago.

"Are you ready for the Rogue Championship?" he said while staring at me.

I grim and slightly pout my lips. "Do you think I will enter if I'm not, Master Cal?"

Natagis ang kanyang jaw. What did I say ba? It isn't offensive at all, right?

"What if I'll tell you that—"

He was cut off by a sudden soft commotion on the door. His hands naging fist. I just ikibit ang aking shoulders. He's always like that anyway.

"Bakit walang ingay?"

Are they trying to eveasdrop us? What are they thinking ba? Sana they will let themselves in nalang, diba?

"Akala ko ba may milagro?"

Milagro? What miracle? We are not gods to make a miracle, morons! Gosh! I don't know where are the brains of that man.

"Aray! Bakit ka nangbabatok?"

I didn't notice, Master Cal is already few inches front the door knob. I stand and make my way as well. Batok? What is that? I  need to practice Tagalog na talaga properly.

"Dapat lang 'yan sa'yo. Fake news spreader ka, eh."

I duck and I let my ears touch the surface of the door. Fake news? What news ba?