XXXI-CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30: What are those scenarios?

Estelle

Celestine faced the crowd with a smile. "Let the night begin!"

The event went on. After that statement, Loris assisted me back into our seats. We already ate our dinner while Smalam is on the mix and playing us a mood lifting beat. Everything became in order after. Thankfully, no one has been reported dead or what.

I am in the table. Beside me is Loris and Heartle. Oliver is on the left side of Heartle. I am enjoying the beat but suddenly, it stopped. I lift my head and saw Celestine and Kylian back on the stage again.

Celestine taps the microphone using her finger. "For the last part of our opening ceremony, let's welcome Estelle Clemence to play another song for us! Let's put our hands together!"

Oh, I almost forgot that I will be performing again. The crowd started clapping and so I stand up and proceed to the stage. The piano is just there because they never moved it since the last time I played. I sit on the chair and stared at the keys first. I slowly placed my hand and then the music came on.

"I am alone again. You're not here. But I have to blame myself for that." I paused and closed my eyes. "Oh please, disremember whatever I told you. It is because I don't mean to say that. Believe me when I say, I want to take it back since you left."

I quickly glanced at the audience. Everyone started standing up to dance with each other except for Mrs. Margaux. Loris invited Heartle while Oliver invited Zoe. I can't believe Oliver. He is really as impossible as the dudes and what a weirdo he is. I shrug my shoulder and parted my lips to start singing again.

"Look what I am now." My eyes instantly widened. That voice, I know who is the owner of it. "I am a bullshit when you started walking out. You're killing me again. You're slaying me again. You are." The backdrop raised slowly and revealed that built from shoes to waist. "Look, I am so down. Knowing that I am someone you don't care about. You're killing me." Whispers began to spread when Theo appeared to be the one who has been singing. Hell, I knew it! Crap! "You're killing me," he sang while looking straight into my window of soul. "You are."

I am is still playing the piano but my eyes are darted into his. What the hell he is doing? Crap! I am not singing anymore! I look at the keys and continued playing the instrumental.

"Don't you ever look away from me, Estelle," I heard him saying.

I didn't mind him. I don't know what's going on because I put my focus on the keys. Suddenly, I felt a vibration in my buttocks from the chair. I glance at my side and Theo's face pops up. He sat beside me and is glaring at me. What is his problem?

"Staring is a crime," I whispered—and at the same time—making sure he heard it.

He roll his eyes on me. "Stay away," he said.

I chuckled. Me? Am I the one who approached him? Stay away... My eyesight became a blur. I tried blinking my eyes but I couldn't make it clear. Crap! I stopped playing the music while scratching my eyes using my palms.

A hand held my back. My body started to lose its power. My breathing became slower. I can't move any muscles anymore. I want to sit properly but my body won't let me. I can't move.

Then, everything became in slow motion. I am about to fall my back when the hand holding my back in my back tightened its muscles to support me. I can't see him but I can certainly smell him. That's all, everything became a dark gray.

"Hey!" I shouted. I pouted after because he didn't even turn his head. I decided to approach him since he didn't look at me. I stopped around a meter from him. "Let's be partners during the hike. It's a requirement."

He turn his body, finally. His eyes were boredly looking at me. "I can hike by myself."

I frowned upon that. "I can hike by myself too. I promise, I won't be a pain in the ass."

He sigh heavily while looking away. "You can hike alone. I can hike alone. Now, we don't need each other. There's no point of sticking together."

"Really?" I said while smirking. He turn his head into my direction. "But I don't take no as the answer. Be right back, partner."

"What the fu—"

"Bye, I'll be back!" I said while walking away.

I immediately sit. My breathing is very uneasy to the point that I need to catch it. That scenario, What was that? Crap!

I scan the area. White walls, white ceiling, white bed and white everything. Suddenly, I heard some footsteps approaching my room. I immediately lay down and calm my breathing as I closed my eyes.

I heard the door open and a hum echoed in the place. "I didn't know that the juice combined with sleeping pills won't work immediately."

She is using a voice changer. Juice? Crap! What a careless woman I am! Fuck that juice I drank.

"You still have entered the auditorium and grabbed the attention of everyone especially Theo," that someone said while having a groan in each word. "But unfairness" —the tone became happy— "you loss your consciousness in the last minute!"

I want to roll my eyes. How dare him or her! Fuck your voice changer, Coward!

"However, you had Theo's attention once again." She chuckled sarcastically. "He caught you before you fell on the ground." She chuckled once again. "Fuck that Theo. Why don't he try me?"

Tss. What a desperate bitch. She must be a girl then. I want to laugh at her. I still can't believe girls would actually chase a man.

"Nonetheless, I am contented for now..." I heard a sigh. "I'll be back to take my rightful place that you taken away from me," she said with intensity in each word she is saying. "Adió."

Few minutes later, I never heard anything. She must be gone then. I slowly opened my eyes. I sigh in relief. She is gone. I pulled myself to sit and examine the area once again. She is really gone, thankfully. I sigh.

End Of Chapter 30

Other works:

KEEPING THE KEEPER

LOVING MY LOVER

TAKE A ONE-SHOT

Dedicated to IamColleteRae, electrawhittaker & Bluelovesleep