XXVIII-CHAPTER 27

Chapter 27: How to be prepared?

Estelle

It has been days since I got unconscious because of Chicco. It has been also days since he lives with us and with Chuckie together in our apartment. I don't know what drug did the Ace ate but he is already worst!

Chicco and Chuckie isn't sticking with me because I just don't want that to happen. Thankfully, Loris and Heartle is always there to save me from the both of them. If only this aren't dogs, maybe I'll take care of them. I have this trauma, which is very shallow, and that is being bited by a German Shepherd.

Shallow, right? But I don't know why am I so affected with that. Everytime K9 dogs approaches me, I just suddenly feel nervous. I also remember that I have a childhood friend Nikter and his dog bit me that's why I got my shallow anxiety up until this moment.

Why am I so talkative today? I just shrug my shoulders and blink my eyes. Crap! Why am I spacing out?

"Estelle, I'll be fine today," Theo said.

My brows meet in an instant. "You are always fine, Theo," I whispered.

"Don't you dare talk back if that isn't important," —he turn back into my direction— "Estelle."

I shrug my shoulder and stare at him straight. He snorted and turns his body around. What a confusing force. I just shake my head and follows him after.

"Again, I'll be fine today. Go with Loris, check the auditorium. Secure the area, that's all. Tell me if something goes wrong," he said while approaching his office.

I stopped walking and sighed. I turn my body around and approach Loris Kiethson Amaury's cubicle. Loris is just plainly reviewing some papers. I intentionally make footstep noises so that I don't have to greet him anymore.

Loris lift his head and turn it to me. He smiled and I just jokingly roll my eyes. I approached him as he stood up. He push his swivel chair into my direction. A small smile came across in my face.

Loris has been really a good friend of mine ever since. Even though Oliver and I are the ones who always works together, but there's a special bond between me and Loris that I can't figure out.

"How may I help you, Estelle?" Loris said while he pushes the chair into the table.

"Come with me. Theo told me to fetch and bring you into the auditorium so we could check that out. You know, secure and everything."

Loris smiled and nod his head. He immediately keep the papers into his drawer. Few moments later, we are walking out of the office.

This week has been one hell of a busyness. We had to prepare for an event for a week only. Damn that Mrs. Margaux! She is as impossible as the dudes.

The traveling was silent. I believe that Loris is thinking about something which is same to mine. We are few meters from the auditorium when I noticed that Loris is spacing out. I sigh and swallow a lump on my throat.

"Loris," I said.

His head twitches. Then, he slowly look at me. "Do you need anything?"

I just shake my head while slightly smiling. Now I know what was he thinking about. "Loris, you are impossible as the dudes."

Loris chuckled a bit and looks away. "I am a Dude, Estelle."

"It came from you, huh, your impossible." I stopped walking and he follows that. "I know you love her that much." He sigh and look away. "Look at me, Twin."

My eyes widened. Twin? Where did that came from? Loris immediately look at me while frowning. I immediately pulled myself to take back what I just said or maybe I could think of any excuses.