XXIV-CHAPTER 23

Chapter 23: What's that creepy announcement?

Isang madilim na lugar, in the Anonymous Legionary's Lair. Anonymous Head is in her usual spot as well as the other members of the group. The place is silent as the night. The temperature is as cold as the color of their cloak. The ambiance seems to be gloomy.

"Anonymous Head, the principal is making a move again," Anonymous M said in a slight whispering manner.

Anonymous Head closed her eyes intently as she sighed. She opened her eyes and grinded her teeth. "What did she do again?"

Anonymous M glanced at Anonymous O. Anonymous O stood up and handed a brown envelope to Anonymous Head. He cleared his throat before he said, "After the bell rang yesterday, he requested the SAC School Monitor and the COR Ace—"

"Cut that, Anonymous O," Anonymous Head cut him off while rolling her eyes.

"Alright," —he put his both hands on his back— "Mrs. Margaux invited Theo in her office." Everyone look at him with a narrowed eyes because he pause for a bit. Anonymous O sighed. "According to what I heard, Mrs. Margaux is planning to..."

"Dear students, you're presence is highly requested in the auditorium. Again, every student is requested to attend the meeting in the auditorium. You should know by now as to what will be the payment if you ever failed to do so."

It's already a brand new morning but a great morning isn't great after all. The intercom is here again saying that they need to proceed into the auditorium. If you are one of the students of UA, you should probably know what will happen if ever you are requested in the auditorium.

Most of the students are in the food court when they heard the intercom's announcement. From that, whispers began to spread as everyone stood up and began to left the food court. On the other hand, the HOLE Squad is still in their apartment. Estelle isn't at the office yet because of the scandal yesterday at the Underground Mall.

Heartle is in the kitchen but she left it after she heard the announcement. "Estelle, what is this all about?" she said while running into Estelle's direction.

Estelle is spacing out. She haven't heard the announcement because of it. Heartle arrived at her room while catching its breath. Heartle's eyes widened when she saw Estelle spacing out. Heartle closed her eyes intently as she lift her palms. She strike it into Estelle's face but Estelle immediately held her wrist.

Estelle bink her eyes. "What?"

Heartle pulled her hand and sit on Estelle's bed. She sigh and, at the same time, she heard some footsteps approaching. Loris and Oliver's face pops up and they made themselves enter Estelle's room. Both of them just stood up while Estelle is still blinking her eyes.

"Stellar, why are we requested in the auditorium?" Oliver said while looking at Estelle's blinking eyes.

Estelle immediately raised her head and stared at Oliver while her brows met. "We are" —she pointed each one of them— "requested in the auditorium?"

Oliver, Heartle and Loris nodded their heads. Estelle's hands began to shake. Her lips parted as her sweat began to get visible. Her breathing became erratic as her eyes began to scan the area.

"Holy crap," she whispered.

The three looked at each other. Why is Estelle saying a cuss? Heartle held Loris' wrist that's why Loris' got electrified.

"Loris, you are the President. What's going on?" Heartle said while looking straight into his window of soul?

Loris shakes his head horizontally. Heartle clenched her jaw as she said, "Then, let's go and know."

The HOLE Squad are now in the entrance of the big auditorium. Loris is leading the way while having his usual formal posture. Oliver looks formal as well but he is brutally nervous about everything. Heartle is as kikay as always. But Estelle Cepheus is not okay. She has been keeping a straight face but she has been bowing her head and avoiding any eye contact to everyone.

Estelle is still bowing and is just following Heartle's shoes. While walking, all of her attention was straight into the floor. Suddenly, she stopped walking when she noticed someone's shoes is blocking her way. She instantly lift her head but her world eventually stopped.

Her lips parted as she noticed that lips. Her nose snorted as she saw that long pointed nose. Her eyes widened as it made contact with those eye-catching eye. She instantly look away as a drop of sweat fell down into her neck.

"Estelle," he said.

Estelle closed her eyes as she heard that voice. "This is my end right?" she thought.

"You're over thinking," he said with a hint if smile in his voice.

Estelle clenched her jaw and turn her head into him. She take a deep breath and opened her eyes. That's Theo, her master. She immediately smiled and bowed. After that, she left Theo on the spot and proceed into the seat between Calfroy and Timothy.

"You and Theo," Calfroy said.

Estelle immediately looked at him with a slight frown in her face. "What?"

Calfroy turned his head into her and smirked. "You seems to be close regardless of the time you've been together."

Estelle's face loss its color. She look away but eventually send her head back. Estelle smirked and leaned closer to Calfroy. "Was it us you're defining?" Estelle looked at Heartle. "Or maybe, you and Heartle?"

Calfroy's face reden. Estelle smirked and faced Calfroy. She chuckled before she heard someone who cleared his throat. She scanned the area because she knew that someone did that. Her face stopped at the lady entering the auditorium. It's been a while since she last saw this beautiful woman.

The area totally became silent as Mrs. Margaux Rivera entered the auditorium. She is smiling like an angel and is walking like a queen, very sophisticated and graceful. Estelle's eyes widened as Mrs. Rivera made a contact with her through its eyes.

Estelle's face loss its color. Mrs. Rivera look away and proceed into the stage. She approached the microphone and tapped it once. Estelle can't see Mrs. Rivera's face because she is in the stage as well.

"Good morning to you, my beloved Underground Students," she said just a mother but everyone didn't greeted her back. The crowd remained silent as it was a while ago. "I realized that" —she looks at the ceiling— "I have never did anything in favour in all of you." She return her head on the students. "I feel so bad. I am like a mother without thinking the welfare of its child."

"Oh no..." Estelle whispered.

"So I decided to organize a sports festival for everyone!"

End of the Chapter 23

Other works:

KEEPING THE KEEPER

LOVING MY LOVER

TAKE A ONE-SHOT

This is dedicated to stayinjustice & KingZalien & roses_pearl & kindyukah & Maria_Alejandro