Storm

Shinobu's POV
Today is the day of a new case, Tomioka-san had clearly been stressed since yesterday which worried some people.

The chief had dropped the case off and Tomioka looked through it first in the meeting room. He quickly scanned it with curious eyes watching him. After two minutes had passed he set it down and explained everything as he passed copies of the files around.

Once everyone looked at it themselves we got ready to check out the crime scene. We were at the scene for only three minutes before Tomioka already had a good idea of what happened two days prior.

"There was no forced entry and by the history on the father's phone, it looks like the suspect knew they had ordered food online, and the killer waited for a reasonable time to knock and pose as someone delivering food. So then, the suspect most likely pushed past the family after the door was opened killing them all in the living room. The weapon seems to be a standard kitchen knife from the victims...footprints on the carpet lead there first. He took out the father first because he was the biggest threat. Then, someone tried to escape and the suspect knocked them out and slashed their throats before going to the rest of the family who seemed to be submissive. So now we need to find the suspect and connections." He explained.

"He got all that in three minutes?" I whispered to Mitsuri.

"Yup! Pretty neat huh? I told you he's good at this and very reliable!"

"Yeah, no kidding."

"Looks like this will be a quick case," Tomioka said looking up from the file.

"That's a bold assumption Tomioka-san. Why do you say that?" I asked.

"The killer is watching us...but don't make it obvious you've noticed yet." He said nonchalantly.

Everyone turned their heads at Tomioka confused like he wasn't clear enough.

"What do you mean the killer is watching us?" Iguro says.

He suddenly without a word walks to the side door of the neighbor's house and knocks on it. Sanemi, Kyojuro, and Iguro followed silently ready for anything. The door flies open and a man goes the stab him. Instantly, Tomioka grabbed his arm and pressed it behind his back pinning him to the ground and able to handcuff him. All of that happened in a matter of seconds leaving everyone watching shocked.

"What the hell is that on?" A police officer mumbled to his coworker.

"I don't know, but I wish I had that." His coworker laughed.

"How the hell did you know!" The suspect yells.

"You're an amateur, it's clearly obvious." Giyu deadpanned.

"I'll kill you!" He yells.

"You already tried that. Look where you are." He said handing him off to the police, still planning to interrogate him later.

I was amazed by how calm he was. Not once did his expression change even in that tense situation. After the suspect was secured our group went into one big van that Tomioka drove. (Think of it like a swat car or ambulance that has a bunch of seats. I changed my mind that's how I want them to transport as a group for now going to the same location. I might change my mind again unless there's a scene I previously wrote that wants something otherwise. However, we will do individual vehicles if they're going to different locations at the same time). Somehow, I had managed to get the front seat.

"Tomioka-san, how did you solve it that quickly," I asked seeing an opportunity for a conversation.

"It was quite easy actually." He admitted.