Back to Work

Tomioka a POV
It had been four days since the Dinner Party and I could finally work again without Shinobu nagging at me every time I touched my computer or a sheet of paper.

I dropped Tanjiro and Nezuko off at school and arrived at work soon after. "Tomioka-san! Glad to finally see you at work again!" Mitsuri says.

I just nod my head in acknowledgment immediately sitting down and seeing what I had been missing, getting straight to work. Shinobu arrived not long after and I noticed that she had been ignoring me almost which was quite unusual for her so I made a mental note to ask her about it on break.

Once we were on break I turned to her seeing that she was on her phone. "Kocho-san."

"What?"

"Did I do something to anger you?"

"Why do say that?" She says with clear venom in her voice.

"You keep ignoring me, and you haven't said anything to me....is this about you falling asleep in my lap?"

That immediately caught her attention. She snapped her head away from the screen to look at me. "I What!?" She exclaimed catching everyone's attention.

"I didn't stutter did I? Oh wait...I forgot to tell you." I tease.

"You know what." She says with many tick marks on her face.

"Keep making that face and you'll get wrinkles," I told her.

"Let's talk. Alright?" She says, harshly grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the office angry and embarrassed.

She pulled me to the roof that was oftentimes empty. Although, she was unaware of the eyes still watching us. The first thing she did was slap me very hard, hard enough to leave a handprint. "Ouch," I mumble holding my cheek.

"That's what you get for insulting me. And what the hell are you talking about?!"

"What? The lap thing."

"YES!" She yelled.

"About an hour into the movie I was reading a book and fell asleep in my lap. So, I waited until the movie was over took you to my room, and came back downstairs. So you probably can't hold your liquor in that small body of yours."

"Tomioka Giyu you are seriously pushing it you know that."

"Is that so?" I asked.

She raised her hand to slap me again until I grabbed her wrist and pressed her against the wall of the building. At this point, I was close to her ear completely forgetting about the onlooking eyes. "Wanna try that again sweetheart?" I said in a low voice.

She immediately became embarrassed and looked away pretending to cough. "You know if someone caught us right now It'd be highly inappropriate."

So for that, I step away and lean against the wall next to her slightly blocking the view of the onlooking eyes. "You remind me of someone I met a long time ago as a kid. She had the same eyes as you. We had met on the beach, I was about ten years old, but she and I never said our names, but I get a strange feeling you're that girl."

She scoffed. "What are you in love with her or something?"

"No...she just meant a lot to me."

"In what way?"

"I told you how my family was murdered right? Mother was a teacher, Dad was a businessman by day and an assassin by night right?"

"Yes and no."

"Well, now you do...I just...I don't know. When I met you, you seemed so familiar as if I knew you before, but it's been bothering me ever since."

"Why are you telling me this?" "