Chief's Party

I added a lot to this chapter and it's SO LONG.

ALSO I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG BREAK WITHOUT WARNING (at least it wasn't years this time). School was becoming overwhelming and I needed to focus and prioritize it. I also lost inspiration and motivation and got a little bit of a writers block. I still kinda have it but at least it's better. There was going to be chapters I was gonna add but I lowkey forgot my ideas and how I would start them😭 I'll try my best tho. BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL YIPPEEE! I also was back Into my anime phase so I've been BINGE WATCHING old shows.

Shinobus POV
Christmas is officially getting closer and today is the day of the chiefs party Giyu told me about. Yuji had continued to get creepier by the day by leaving more pictures in the mailbox, sending flowers to me, love letters, angry letters (directed at Giyu), candy, gifts, etc. Giyu and I talked to more of the girls at school and learned he had been missing school for the last week. We saw that hospital records showed that his mom was admitted once again and we were afraid that Yuji might snap soon with that as a trigger. We tried to live as normally as possible with this in mind and some nights the kids stayed the night with Kanae. Giyu and I continued to stay at the house so that Kanae and the rest of the team wouldn't be put in danger because of him.

For the party, I wore a black dress that had a little lace at the top along with black heels with my hair how I normally wore it. I was in the middle of the last few touches of getting ready when I looked over and paused spotting the necklace Giyu gave me. I chose to wear it only on special occasions and I would think this is a special occasion. I looked over at Giyu in his black suit adjusting his tie in the mirror. I picked up the necklace and walked over to him leaning to my toes kissing his cheek. "Will you do me a favor?" I asked. He looked down at me through the mirror.

I held up the necklace with a smile. Without exchanging any words he grabbed the necklace and waited for me to turn around. Through the mirror I saw him focus on the clasp of the necklace. He hugged my waist and laid his head on my shoulders. "You look beautiful." He mumbled near my ear.

I smiled, "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

He kissed the side of my head as thanks before asking if I was almost ready to leave. I nodded my head saying, "yeah, I just need to do one more quick thing and I'll be ready."

He nodded kissing my head again before giving me space to finish getting ready. We were about to leave, but when I opened the door to Yuji standing on the porch. I looked at him confused and angry, but I continued to fake a smile. "Oh! Yuji-kun! What a surprise! Uh, why are you here?" I asked trying my best to not look angry.

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked looking at my appearance.

Giyu was about to say something, but I elbowed him in the side to keep quiet. "Uh yes, we have an important event with our boss soon." I replied.

"It's my mom, can you help her?" He asked. He wasn't aware we knew she was in the hospital already.

"Um, I'm sorry, Yuji-kun, but this is a really important meeting, and it holds our unit on the line. If it gets really bad please go to the hospital. They will be able to help much more than I can...besides they are professionals in that field, I'm not."

"Oh please!" He said grabbing my shoulders.

I stepped back and moved his hands off me. "I'm sorry Yuji-kun, but this is really important. We have to go, please go home to your mom." I said giving a small smile trying to be as polite as possible.

I grab Giyus arm and pulled him with me. He locked the door and we walked past him. "Shinobu-Chan please!" Yuji begged.

"I'm sorry, but ten jobs are on the line right now. We need to be at this event. Go call her doctor and they can guide you on what to do or figure out what is wrong with her. Her sickness is not in my area of knowledge."