Close for Comfort

Shinobus POV
"What are you doing?" Tomioka's deep voice said behind me.

I visibly jumped at the sudden voice. "Ah! T-Tomioka-san! I didn't know you were behind me." I turned around so quickly at the moment I couldn't believe I could move that fast. I awkwardly chuckled, feeling my face flush a bright red.

"I said what are you doing?" He repeated.

"Oh! Nothing! Just came to get water, and I got distracted." Wait why am I stuttering? I never stutter!

"You're looking through my medication....why?"

"I was just curious that's all."

"And what did you learn from it?"

"Well, one was for Nezuko, and the others were for you," I say. Is this what it's like when Tomioka interrogates people, it's really nerve-wracking, and he's really intimidating that it almost forces you to admit what you did. But at the same time, his communication skills still suck. I really want to make fun of him.

"Yeah? And what did you learn from it?" He asked taking a step closer to her.

"That you...that you have insomnia and a type of anxiety...and I couldn't figure out the third." He just nods. "And I'm assuming you're just working, and can't sleep." Once again for the hundredth time today, he nods. After that, he simply walked away. I was surprised he said nothing else about my actions. Curiously, I decided to follow him to his office. His office was spotless as well considering the hundred books and files in it. Everything was neatly organized by year and date and even alphabetical order and size.

"Wow! Tomioka-san who would have thought a loner would be so organized? It almost makes up for it." He seems to ignore my words which kind of ticks me off. "No wonder no one likes you, you always ignore them."

He suddenly hits his fist on his desk startling me. Oh no, did I strike a nerve? Is he going to hit me? He starts to approach me and I back up soon hitting a bookshelf. He continues to approach me. He puts his hand next to my face making me flinch by accident, but instead, he uses that hand to prop himself on the bookshelf almost pinning me to it. His face gets close to mine, but he shifts to where he's close to my ear. His hot breath fans my ear sending chills down my body. "You're everywhere I go....go to sleep, Kocho-san." He says in a low husky voice.

My face turns bright red. I immediately nod my head not wanting to hit a nerve anymore, and I swear I blinked and he was already sitting at his desk again as if nothing happened. I go back upstairs and flop down on his bed holding my chest. "What the hell just happened?"

I lay flat on my back and stared at the ceiling. Damn, my face is still hot...why though? I shake off my thoughts and slowly fall asleep.

~time skip~
I woke up from a knock on the door. I get up and open it to see Tomioka. A blush immediately appears on my face from remembering last night. "Oh...what is it?" I asked barely awake. He had practically hovered over me and leaned against the door frame. "It's 6:30...I don't know how long you take to get ready, but I need change."

"Oh....sure." I move out of the way still gathering my surroundings.

"You can borrow Nezuko things...some of my sister's clothing may also be in the closet around the corner." I nod, and grab some nice clothes from his sister's bin.

It felt a little awkward after I remembered the conversation with the suspect the night before, but if he was offering I didn't want to fully decline. His sister is basically my size, but taller. I go and knock on Nezuko's door and she lets me use her bathroom and everything since she and Kanao are both ready to go.