First Kiss

Tanjiros POV
It was so far a regular day at school, but we're almost done with school since it's May. It's also the 18th. I noticed Kanao was a lot happier than usual. Oh, also we started dating! I smiled when I saw her in the hall by herself. "Kanao-San!" I call out.

She turns around and smiles at me. "Oh hi!" She smiles.

"You look really happy today! Any reason?" I asked. She shook her head continuing to smile. "Well okay! See you around! I have to go find Nezuko!" I say waving to her and going to find Nezuko. When I found her we started walking home together.

We arrive at the house, and I see Ms. Kocho. "Moshi Moshi! Tanjiro-kun!" She greeted.

"Hello Kocho-san!" I greeted back.

"I don't know about you...but I thought I should tell you tomorrow is Kanao's birthday." She says with a wink.

"Really!" I asked surprised with wide eyes. "I don't have anything to give her," I say scratching the back of his head.

"I bet that if we could convince Tomioka-San he could take us to the mall, she's not much of a sweet sugary fan. Or your last option."

"Last option?"

"Uh-huh, can you guess?"

"A Hug?"

"How cute! So innocent, but no. A little more than that." She says.

"A Little more?"  I asked her curious now. She nodded and leaned forward.

"A kiss." She whispered next to my ear and pulled away making eye contact after.

After a couple of seconds of processing what she just said my eyes went wide in realization. "Kiss!?"

"Yup." She nodded with a happy expression intertwining her hands.

After thinking about it for a moment I gathered a little confidence in myself. "Okay!" I stand up suddenly probably startling her. "I will do it!"

"Ara ara, you sure seem excited now." She smiles.

"Very, but also nervous," I say.

"Just do it...even if you aren't ready. Also, by the way, it would be her first kiss."

"Really?! And how do you just do it?"

"Can I tell you a little secret?" She asked. I nodded my head and got close and she whispered in my ear. "I'm dating Giyu-san."

Wait what?! "H-Huh?!" I say surprised.

She puts her finger to her lips with a smile, I nod so she knows I understand. "But just kiss her. Or if you're not confident ask."

"Huh...thank you," I say.

I go to my room and start thinking of things to say keeping her advice in mind.

~time skip- (Friday)
We were already back on another day at school. The classes were normal and we had one test. I see Kanao in the hallway after lunch. "Kanao!" I say getting her attention. "Hey, can we talk after our classes?" I asked her. She nods with a smile. "Great! See you later!" I say before heading to my next class.

We're currently in our last class, and I kept mentally preparing myself. The final bell signaled that class was over. My heart began to race, and my face began to turn hot. I collect my things and put them away in my locker. I waited a few minutes by the front door. I see her with her backpack and waving. I smile at her and wave back. We walk to a nearby park and sit on a pair of swings. We kind of talked about random things at first.

"Woah Kanao-san! Look at that!" I say pointing at something random. She looked in that direction, and when she looked back at me I had kissed her. The kiss was less than ten seconds, but I pulled away looking down hiding my bright red face. Her face was also bright red. "H-Happy birthday Kanao-san," I say looking down.

Her eyes went wide with a surprised expression. "T-Thank you, Tanjiro-san." She says with a genuine smile on her face, but still as equally flustered by the sudden action. "Now it's my turn," she says.

I was a little confused by what she meant by that but she suddenly pulled the tie on my uniform and kissed me herself standing on her tippy toes. After she had kissed me she immediately looked down and turned around to hide her red blushing face, and let's be honest with myself here too... I'm blushing madly too. I'm practically glowing.

"You're so adorable Kanao-san!" I smile.

"S-stop don't say that." She says quietly.

"It's true though!" I say.

Her lips are so soft, it was nice kissing her. I'd do it again.

Neither of us noticed the onlooking eyes. The many onlooking eyes. (Giyu, Shinobu, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Nezuko, Aoi, and Genya)

After that, we walk back to the school to see everyone waiting in a big van "Oh hey!" I exclaimed.

We all get in the car and drive back home. We arrived and all walked through together after Giyu-san handed me the key so he could help Shinobu-san with her crutches and Kanao was the last to enter. She came in with a shocked face probably not expecting a small birthday party. It also had Giyus and Kocho-sans coworkers there.

"Happy birthday Kanao-san!" Everyone yelled.

"Thank you!" She smiles. Some looked shocked that she spoke, but seemed genuinely happy at the same time.

"Hey, Tanjiro-san." Someone said behind me, I turned around and saw Shinobu-san. "Yeah?"

"Good job by the way." She winks.

I was slightly confused, but the realization hit me. They were watching. My face turns red and she shows me a picture she snapped of us. "Don't worry this picture stays between us...for now of course." She says hobbling away. Wait...for now?! What is that supposed to mean?

"Don't worry Tanjiro...I'll keep an eye on her," Giyu says after. Oh yeah, I forgot they're dating.

After our conversation the party began, I didn't have a present for her, but I guess I already gave mine. The others did though. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Giyu goes to open it. "Tomioka- san! It's good to see you again!" A woman's voice says causing everyone to silence. We hear him greet the woman and let her in, and it reveals Kocho Kanae(24). Everyone looked very surprised at first and quickly greeted her. After she greets us, she greets Shinobu-san and Kanao.

Guys I completely forgot I made her not a regular character in the unit 😭😭 so I added her in the edits so we're gonna pretend she was never there and it was a figment of your imagination!! Oops! But lowkey I want to officially add her I just don't wanna change this whole part.

"Kanae how long will you be staying in town?" Mitsuri asked.

"Hmm, about 9 days if I remember right." "Oh, also Happy birthday Kanao." She says.

Kanao thanked her and Kanae gave her a gift and we continued the party. The party was a lot of fun and now everyone was on a couch, chair, or the living room floor eating the dinner Giyu-san made. "An excellent cook as always Tomioka-san!" Kanae says with a smile, everyone quickly agrees.

"Thank you."

Once everyone was done eating Giyu-san was going to wash the dishes alone but Nezuko insisted on helping this time so, in the end, he had to agree. The dishing washing time was cut in half though thanks to her. After that had decided on a movie for us 'kids', while the 'adults' separated and caught up and talked about work.

At the end of it, everyone stayed the night after a long night of fun and laughter.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited: 2/28/24

That ending was so rushed 😭