Emergency Case

This wasn't important, really just a random filler, I guess. I'm Sorry for dying off the face of the earth again🫠 (and then I did it for a couple of years) this is the last published chapter before I die off the face of the earth and the rest of them will be completely brand new so that's exciting if people are still curious about what happened to this story.)

Shinobu's POV
It was about 8 PM when Giyus and my phone went off, and it's been a week since the vacation happened. Giyu and I were lying on the couch together when the notification went through. Immediately, she jumped up seeing that there was an emergency case, and many units weren't responding, and whoever did said they needed backup. This emergency was bad enough to where we actually needed a uniform and our haori's along with possible swords and weapons of choice. We immediately left and wore what was asked. We went to the office to meet with the others and were put into squad cars.

We arrived in a forest area ran in as a group and waited to split up since we couldn't have anyone die. If we do, we are in each other's sight. It wasn't long before I found someone my close to my age gasping for air. We stopped, and I noticed there was poison slowly spreading up toward their airway. I get out of my small kit. "Hello, can you tell us what happened?"

"They wiped us out...They said they were a family."

"Okay...this will sting a little bit, but it will last until help arrives, okay? Just stay still, and try not to talk." I instructed. He slowly nods, looking at me. He grabbed my hand. "Don't worry...everything will be okay...another elite squad like us is coming."

Suddenly children came running toward me, crying. I pat their heads and reassure them that everything will be just fine and that they are safe. Rengoku and Himejima said they'd look after them for me while I continued ahead.

This is basically like episode 20; some words are the same, and some I made my own. Please don't report. Thanks. Also, I'm sorry if this sounds very rushed y'all.

There was a girl who seemed a little younger than me. She had just killed someone. Giyu had us hold position and had me go in. She kept talking to herself and was almost hysterical; she was clearly having a psychotic break. "I need to kill; then he won't be angry." She said to herself repeatedly.

She stopped walking, and I came very close to her. "Wow, very impressive...do you use a special technique to tie them like that? The killing must be fun for you." She seemed very startled and almost scared of me. "Good evening; tonight is a beautiful night, isn't it?" I asked.

She jumped away from me and started spraying something. Something poisonous, though. I jumped and easily avoided it all, still getting closer to her. She stopped spraying it and started jumping away from me. I jump high enough and kick her down by her chest.

"I see you have no intention to stop killing." I sighed.

"W-wait! Please don't hurt me! He's forcing me! If I defy him, he'll kill me!"

"Really? Is that so? That doesn't sound very fun. I think I'll spare you. Maybe we could even be friends."

"Y-you'll spare me?"

"Yes...but for that to happen, you need to stop killing, and I need to ask you a few questions... young girl... how many people have you killed?"

"Five...But I was forced...I didn't have a choice."

"Hmmm. No need to lie about it dear. I already know how many you killed. That poison you're spraying is not ordinary, and how you tied and killed them is still murder even if you were forced. You killed at least ten cops and 6 PSIA Agents."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"I came from the west dear and saw all the bodies and your poison on them. I saw many dead and poisoned bodies there that were hanging. That spot alone, there were over ten...it's not that I'm angry... I'm only confirming an accurate toll for paperwork and families."

"What good will it do to confirm it?"

"It tells how big the punishment is."

"Punishment?"

"Yup, that's the only way to make up for the murder of those people. If you go unpunished for taking all those lives, those people will never get justice...I could take your eye out since I like to experiment with things...or I could cut open your stomach and torture you as an experiment. All that pain and agony will be the same as they suffered, and it will make up for it. Don't worry, dear! I'll be careful not to kill you!"

"Just shut up! Die, you witch!" She yelled, trying to respray me.

I jumped back, and she rolled away a little. "My, my, you have absolutely no intention to stop killing...what a pity. And a witch? That's a hurtful name since I study poison, science, and medicine."

I unleash my sword and draw it. She tried to spray me again but realized I wasn't there; therefore, I had already jumped. We were given orders that if we ran into someone hostile, we were permitted to kill on sight in self-defense. I turned in the air, and before she realized she was cut, I was already past her. She tried to come after, but the poison on my sword had already gotten to her. She yelled in pain and collapsed. "My name is Shinobu Kocho. I'm an elite PSIA Agent. You probably think my sword is weird, and you figured out why my sword is like that, and you think I'm an easy target. Oh, wait...who am I kidding? I'm so careless! You can't hear me because you're dead. My bad."

Edit: She literally sounds nuts here but alright. Like this is definitely not ethical 😭💀 what was I thinking???

I get the boy who was just poisoned and get my antidote out. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, thank you."

"The poison seemed to have burned your clothes, but there are no burns on your skin," I said.

He looked down and realized he had no clothes, and he immediately covered himself and slid away. I go back to the others, and they look at me wearily. "Is something wrong?"

"That poison...Shinobu-san." Mitsuri said, shocked.

"Oh! On my sword? I made it myself! Even the smallest scrape is enough to kill two elephants! Cool, right?"

"Yeah...also scary."

"I think we saw a completely new side of Kocho today...and we all learned not to piss her off," Uzui said.

"I think Shinobu is a part sadist. It's scary because she's so nice and laid-back and calm, yet also very dark. Tomioka seems to be the only one to get away with things." Another one chimed in after him.

We continued through the forest and found both a female and male agent on the verge of death. Giyu decided to take of him.

It was all over after that. There was a total of four people that had to be taken out, and we got them all. By now, the sun was rising. More children ran up to me crying, along with some agents who ran up to us. We leave and go back to the office and give our reports. I fell asleep at my desk. We had all been officially awake for 24 hours.

Hellooooo, my beautiful people. I'm so sorry I keep dying off the face of the earth, and I'm a terrible author for that, and I'm sorry! I'll try to update more before school starts! I want you to remember you're amazing and I'm proud of you and thank you for reading and staying if you did! Hopefully I'll be a better author who doesn't disappear for over a month again. I'm sorry this chapter was rushed and poorly written back then. But im glad I'm finally posting again lol. Anyway again thank you very much and I love you all💜

Edited: 3/3/24