Banquet

Long chapter :)

Shinobu's POV
Tonight is the Banquet. There will be over a hundred people there and many of the units in our office building. I had just started to get ready with the help of my sister and Kanao. I went and showered, and came out in a towel, and almost dropped it when Kanae scared the living life out of me. "Are you gonna do it now?!" She asked excitedly with her hands together.

"Do what?"

"Open the gift!?"

"Open wha- Oh! That's right!" I remember I had to wait to open the gift until today finally.

I open the box and gasp. It was a beautiful necklace with my birthstone, an amethyst. "Wait is that real?" Kanae asked.

"I...think so."

"If that's real, do you know how much that would have cost? Also, it depends on the jewelry store, and I'm assuming those are diamonds too. Real ones."

I was so shocked I couldn't speak. "Never took Tomioka-san to buy something...so expensive," Kanae says. "Wait...sis? You alive over there?"

"Huh? Yes!  I'm okay." I say. 

She puts it on me and continues to help me get ready. I looked in the mirror and smiled at the necklace on me. After almost two hours I was completely ready. Kanae and Kanao were very satisfied with the results.

I leave and arrive at the banquet. When I walked into the lobby I saw Giyus back to me. I quietly walk up behind him and poke his back, "Moshi! Moshi!" I smiled.

He turned around his eyes widened at the sight of me. His hands immediately went to my waist.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"For what?" He asked.

"The necklace, you airhead." I smiled.

His eyes trailed to my neck and then the rest of my body. "Oh. you're welcome. By the way, you look so beautiful...your dress looks great on you." He smiles kissing the side of my head.

My face turns a hint of red from the compliment. "You don't look so bad yourself," I replied.

We see the others and meet them then sit at our assigned table which goes by the unit. "Wow! Shinobu-san that dress looks even better on you than I'd ever imagined!" Mitsuri said.

"You look great too!" I say. 

The chief came onto the stage. "Hello, and welcome everyone. I am so glad you all could make it. Now before everyone begins to party I would like to acknowledge all your successes throughout the year." He names off the successes of some units before he gets to ours. Ours were last. "The rest of the units did a splendid job, I'd like to acknowledge unit 9. There are 10 (adding Kanae now) agents, and I'd like the unit to come forward on the stage."

We go on as asked and all line up and walk on stage. "So far, for two years in a row, including a new member. This has been the best team so far in the whole company. They have never failed to solve a case, and I want them to know I'm proud of them, and I'd like to introduce them from left to right... Himejima Gyomei, Rengoku Kyojuro, Uzui Tengen, Tokito Muichiro, Tomioka Giyu, Kocho Kanae, Kocho Shinobo, Kanroji Mitsuri, Iguro Obani, and Shinazugawa Sanemi." He introduced.  "I also wanted to officially appoint Tomioka Giyu leader and captain, or well I guess you call him chief of unit 9, also I want to welcome the new member who is Kocho Shinobu. So far she has done an excellent job." He says.

He gives us all the small medals. We bow at the same time and go back to our seats. As I was walking back to my seat I felt eyes on me that felt like they were burning holes in the back of my head, but I ignored it.