Kana Case

Trigger warnings.

Shinobus POV
People leave and Kana gets in our car. We arrived home and had her sit in the living room. Nezuko, Kanao, and Tanjiro were quick to keep her company. Muichiro watched as they interacted with her. Giyu and I talked in his office about this for twenty minutes before we came into the living room to join them. We started talking about sleeping arrangements for her until she meekly caught my attention.

"Um...Shinobu-San." She mumbled.

"Yes, dear?" I said.

"May I sleep with you tonight?" She asked.

"Well...uh...." I looked at Giyu. He seemed very hesitant about it but could see Kana was practically begging for a yes so he shrugged. "Do you mind if Giyu is with us?" I asked.

"It's okay...I don't mind." She said.

The kids continued to keep Kana company as Giyu and I cooked dinner. When dinner was ready Kana sat next to me quietly.

As we started eating I started to talk to her a little bit learning simple things about her. Most notably, she had all those bruises and she's only 7. While she took a bath I quietly sat on the edge of the tub. While Nezuko searched for some clothes for her. Nezuko had some old clothes saved thankfully. I helped her dry her hair and I gently brushed it out thinking back to when Kanae and I adopted Kanao. Also, I finished brushing her hair she hugged me tightly. An hour had passed to 8 PM when she said she was tired.

I take her upstairs to our room and she immediately jumps up on the bed. "Do you have a story?" She asked.

"Umm...I can ask."

"Okay!"
I go downstairs to Giyu in his office working. "Hey, do you have any old books?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"Kana asked if I could read a story. Do you have any old books?"

"Well....uhh...I don't think I have one, but Tanjiro or Nezuko might from childhood."

"Okay, thanks."

"Wait." He said grabbing my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked turning around in the doorway.

"Come here." He said.

"Oh? For what?"

"Just come here." I just sigh and get close to him.

"Yes?"

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him quickly kissing me. "That's all I needed." He said. I just smiled at him kissing his cheek after.

"Thanks, I'll see you in a few."

I asked Tanjiro and Nezuko and they did. I call Kana and she chooses a book. She sits in our bed again and I sit next to her. I had an arm around her holding the book and she later against my arm and leaned her back on me. I waited until she was comfortable before I started to read the story. After a few pages in she fell asleep and I didn't dare to move afraid I'd wake her up. I felt a presence inside the bedroom and looked up to see Giyu. I smiled at him and then he went into the bathroom to shower and get ready for bed. When Kana was sound asleep I finally moved. I get up and around the corner to see Giyu again. He just smiled kissing me. "You know, you'd be a good mom." He said.

"You think?" I asked.

"I do." He said.

I smiled at his words before I showered and got ready for bed myself. We both lay down with Kana in the middle. I laid down on my side and moments before I fell asleep I felt something...someone, cuddle up against me. I opened one eye to see it was Kana. A small smile appeared on my face before I closed my eyes again