Still Recovering

Shinobu's POV
It's been nearly a month since I was kidnapped and the only thing that's gotten better is my sprains and some of the bruises. And slowly but surely, where I was stabbed and the cuts. I don't need the crutches either anymore.

The thing that hasn't gotten better is my mental health. I still have nightmares, and sometimes I flinch when I feel someone touch me. Also, Kanae is staying here for a little in town. She's staying at my house though. (Oops! Suddenly she's a permanent resident cuz the author forgot her own book!!)

I was in the kitchen getting some water and Giyu was in his office. That's when I started to get a flashback.

Slight trigger warning
I couldn't move, I couldn't scream, it was like you're in sleep paralysis and that thing you can see in it...but I saw Douma. He had that sick smile on his face and was walking towards me with that knife.

I dropped the glass cup shaking me out of my thoughts. I saw Giyu quickly walking towards me. "Hey, Shinobu! Are you okay?" I don't say anything simply shaking my head no. He picks me up and sets me on the counter. "Stay here so you don't step on any glass." He said quickly going to clean up the mess.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's okay...besides I'm more concerned about you."

"I'll be fine."

Once he finishes cleaning the mess. He grabs hold of my face. "Shinobu..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you get those flashbacks often?"

"Yeah."

"Have you thought about therapy?" He asked.

Gosh, you know it's bad when the loner suggests therapy to you."Yeah...I have, but if I did I wouldn't know who to go to."

"Well...don't worry about that alright? I know someone."

"You know one?"

"Yeah...she's the one who had my doctor prescribe the anxiety pills. I also went to her after Sabito and my sister passed...She's a psychologist too." He explained.

In the end, I agreed and he scheduled an appointment two days from now. He kisses the side of my forehead and begins to make some tea. "That reminds me...if you don't mind me asking...what is that third pill bottle for?"

"High blood pressure."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Why do you keep apologizing."

"Oh, sorry-"

He quickly cups my face and kisses me cutting off my apology. He paused for a moment with our lips hovering over the other for a moment before he gently connected our lips again beginning to move his lips a little, and I decided to just go along with it. My hand rested on his chest. It lasted a good 1-2 minutes until we both pulled away for air. "Thank you," I mumbled looking down. "I really needed that."

He smiled kissing my forehead noticing something. We both had forgotten that it was now technically summer break and the kids were there and saw the whole scene.

Giyu stepped away from me and quietly approached a corner I was a little confused until I heard Tanjiro freaking out and explaining something. That's when I realized that they were probably watching. I laughed to myself jumping down from the counter. I stand next to Giyu and pat his back. "It's alright...just keep it a secret alright?" I say to them. They all nod and thank me for giving them mercy. Although I don't know why Giyu wouldn't show mercy. "Did you threaten them?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He hummed playing stupid. 

"Did you threaten them?" I repeated.

"Maybe."