I Love You

Long chapter

Continued...

Shinobu's POV
After the conversation I had with Muichiro I realized my own words. "I said that, yet I'm scared to tell him," I mumble to myself. I quietly laugh to myself. "Gosh, I'm kinda pathetic. I'm not even using my own advice." I go out on the deck and look up at the sky. "I need to tell him, probably this week," I mumble to myself. "Mitsuri said he loves me, but why can't I see it? I'm nothing special. I'm just an average eighteen-year-old, who's an agent. I'm just an average girl who goes to work every day. I'm average, not that extraordinary. I'm too small and weak for this job anyway...I mean what is there to like about me."

"There's a lot to like about you." A voice said behind me. I hate that he walks so quietly with no presence.

I visibly jump only to realize it's Giyu. "Oh it's only yo-" Wait did he hear me talking to him?!
"Wait, did you hear us?"

"Mmm maybe."

"Oh come on!" I say.

"Well, Mitsuri is right you know." He said. I didn't know what he meant by that.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

"You know instead of giving me a heart attack every day by you sneaking up on me, you could at least do something so I know you're present."

"That takes the fun away, besides being more aware of your surroundings...I don't want anything happening to you." He says.

"I would have thought you would learn your lesson from the time I had acid."

"Guess not." He says.

I turn around and hug him. We were both silent and enjoying the presence of each other when I spoke up. "Giyu-san."

"Hmm?"

I thought about telling him, but got scared and chickened out, so I said something else. "Thank you."

"For what? I haven't done anything."

"You've been here for me...you're just I don't know... you're so good to me," I say with a smile.

I didn't notice but a small smile appeared on his lips. He kisses my head.

Trigger warning??

"Hey, you know you're more than just average right?"

"No, I'm not," I mumble.

"Okay, fine then, name all the things you don't like about yourself."

"Fine, I hate my height...I hate my looks...and my body shape, I hate how small I am, and I hate how weak I can be, it may not seem like it, but I'm angry a lot, at a lot of things, I wish I was better and more talented. When I was kidnapped...I couldn't do anything...I was helpless. And that's only a few of the things I remember at the moment."

"Your height doesn't necessarily matter. Yes, there are a few disadvantages, but the advantage is, is that you're small and a great size. You're beautiful, and does body size really matter? I know I'm not a girl so I don't know how it affects girls, but as a man, I don't care what size you are. I'm not dating you for looks, I'm dating you for you. Looks and such are just bonuses. And it's okay to be angry at things as long as it doesn't take over. And you may not be that physically strong, but you know a lot of combat, your punches and slaps hurt like hell. Also, you're a woman who messes with poison, so that's pretty intimidating to know that if I screw up, you could just poison me and I wouldn't see that coming like a sneak from behind. And you are plenty talented, and you aren't helpless. And also I have your back. Now the question is...do you have my back?"