Tanjiro Day

Shinobu's POV
I was at home when Kanao passed me. "Oh! Kanao!" She turns her head in my direction.

"Thought I should tell you tomorrow is Tanjiro's birthday...and Giyu is hoping you can distract him for a while, while we set up a party for him." Her eyes widen at the announcement.

"What should I do?"

"Does he have a favorite snack or place?"

"I'm not sure, we go to the park a lot and go on walks."

"Do you kiss him often?" She shakes her head no. "Okay...you can do that, and maybe go on a walk? We just need you to stall until I text you. Come here if need be."

"Okay." She agreed and then looked at my neck. "Shinobu-san, do you wear his sister's necklace every day and the one he got you on special occasions?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Then the ring? People probably think you're engaged."

"That's the point. It's mainly so people don't hit on me." I answered honestly.

"I see."

We continued other conversations until I got a phone call from the chief, but all he was doing was a check-up on me.

Time skip

Kanaos POV

Today is Tanjiro's birthday, so I go to Tomioka-san's house early with Shinobu and Kanae. It was about noon and the party was at four so at about 2, I was supposed to take Tanjiro somewhere. I was still thinking about where. I guess I could take him on a walk and possibly have Nezuko meet us.

It's now two o'clock, go upstairs to his room and knock. "Tanjiro-san." "Do you want to go on a walk with me?" "Sure! Give me one minute to change real quick."

"Okay."

I step out and he comes out after a minute. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded.

We slowly walk to the park we normally go to. "It sure is hot." He says.

I nodded my head agreeing with him. "It's nice though," I said.

We sat on a bench together and talked about a few random things, and I passed time for a good hour already. Then for a few minutes, we sat in silence.

I suddenly kiss his cheek and get shy. "Happy birthday Tanjiro-san," I say looking down.

At that point, both of our faces were bright red. "Thank you Kanao-san." He smiles brightly.

I looked at him and he suddenly pecked my lips. Butterflies started flying in my stomach. "I really like you Kanao-san. I'm glad we met!" He said with that adorable smile.

I get shy and look away. "I-I am too." I smile.

"How did you know it was my birthday by the way."

"Oh, well someone told me of course."

We talked and were able to waste time. I get a text from Shinobu that we can come back. "Want to go back?"

"Sure."

We walk back and I let him in first. He looked shocked when he saw everyone. "Wow!" He said in surprise.

Everyone told him a happy birthday. He thanked them with a bow. Everyone was here. The unit and all our friends. We ate first a little or at least a snack, and then opened gifts and had cake and even played games. By then it was 7 PM and we learned there was another room no one knew about. It's kind of like a sunroom but never used. By now we're just messing around and doing anything they want.

Literally just decided to add this as a just cuz with not a lot of detail. So it's like an extra chapter basically. Anyway thanks for reading and thank you for your patience on my slow updates. I really appreciate and love you guys. I hope you all have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening/night or whatever time of day you're reading this.

Daily reminder: YOURE BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING AND ITS GOING TO BE OKAY. I'M PROUD OF YOU. ACCEPT MY LOVE❤️😤

Thanks for reading my aggressive love. Love you guyssssss.

Edited 3/1/24