Getting Help

Trigger Warning
Maybe minor manga spoilers

Muichiros POV
Ever since my family was murdered I was adopted, but lately, my adoptive parents have been arguing a lot. (Wow me way to start a chapter) It's been happening a lot more to the point where I can't even focus on my work, or even sleep anymore. Not that I remember much of it anyway. At one point we were eating dinner and they started arguing. I got up right in the middle of it catching their attention. "Where do you think you're going?" My adopted mother yelled at me.

"I'm not telling you," I say putting on my shoes and walking out, which wasn't smart on my part because it was storming. I know exactly where to go, and I know that I won't forget either.

I arrived at the place I had in mind. I ring the doorbell and wait still dripping wet. He opens the door and looks at me for a minute, shocked. "Muichiro-kun?"

"Tomioka-san, can I stay here for a while please?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure...come in." He moves out of the way and lets me in. "Hey, Shinobu! I need a towel." He called.

I hear her say "okay" from the other room and a minute and a half later I see her with a towel. She rounded the corner and looked shocked to see me soaking wet. "Oh, dear! We need to start a bath so you don't get sick." She hands me a towel and runs to start a bath.

She let me know when it was ready, and Tanjiro gave me dry clothes. I go into the bathroom and lock the door. I take off the soaked clothes and wring them out in the sink before stepping into the warm bath. There was already a clean towel and everything. I'm not sure if I've been this well taken care of in a while...

I just sit and relax by staring at the ceiling. "It's so quiet now," I say to myself. I can't stand it there anymore. I want my real parents. They never fought. They'll probably start spamming my phone soon. That'll be annoying.

After a while, I got out and did whatever I needed to do. I go into the kitchen where Tomioka and Kocho are. I sat down across from Tomioka, and Kocho gave me hot soup and warm tea. I quickly thank her. "You don't have to give me a full explanation, but at least give me an idea of why you want to stay here a while." He says.

"My adoptive parents, they are fighting all the time over the stupidest things every damn day, and I can't work or sleep or do anything without being questioned. I can't take it anymore," I say.

He just nods an okay. "Well you can sleep on a couch or something for now and I'll clean the basement bedroom and spare bedroom upstairs this weekend." "Basement?" Kocho asked. "Yeah behind the staircase there's a bunch of rooms. I actually go there often, I just forgot to tell you." Tomioka explained.

Tomioka goes and gets blankets and everything. My phone starts to repetitively go off. Texts and calls kept coming. I decided to answer a call.

(P=parent)

M: "What."

P: "Oh Muichiro! Come home will you."

M: "Thanks for the offer, but no thanks."

P: "What! Why not!"

M: "Because I'm sick of that house."

P: "You can't say that! We're your parents. You're just a kid! And what about your amnesia."

M: "You're not my real parents and you never will be. Besides, I'm fine, and I'm in a lot better and safer place, I'll do just fine here even with amnesia."

P: "I demand you to come home right now! I am your parent and you are a chi-"

I hang up after that not wanting to hear the rest of that stupid sentence. "Sounds rough," Tomioka says.