Past Lives

Tomiokas POV
When I heard that we had to talk about our past lives, that didn't make me the happiest, but they told me I didn't have to say right away, but that still gives me the urge to drink even though I'm not a fan of day drinking. I sat on the couch in the living room typing away on my computer. My attention was focused on my work until I heard Shinobu's quiet footsteps behind me. Everyone else in the unit was quietly working in their own world.

"I see you're in front of that computer...why?" Shinobu asked, in response, I just shrugged. I knew she was still limiting me to an extent and I was supposed to be on a break. "Oh come on...don't go silent on us now." She says.

I just sigh and turn to them. "Well...if I were to drink now, he wouldn't try anything, because he would want me at full strength...he plans to" I cut myself realizing something.

"What's wrong?" Shinobu asked.

I don't respond and begin almost tearing the house apart. "Woah! Tomioka-San! What are you doing." Kyojuro asked.

I grab the ladder and climb up to the ceiling fan. "Hey, can someone turn off the light?" I demanded.

Tanjiro was the closest so he did so. I unscrew the lid to get to the light bulb, I look inside the lid and see a small microphone...but where's the camera? I look around some more and see it hidden behind a plant.

I set it down in front of everyone and grabbed my computer. I was able to hack into his computer and see every camera angle and microphone piece quickly sending the information to everyone. We were able to gather and destroy all of them and clean up the messes I made.

"Tomioka-san that was a pretty amazing call!..although I thought you just lost it for a moment!" Mitsuri says laughing.

"Yeah, no kidding," Sanemi mumbled to himself.

~Time skip~
It's now 5 and I could have a drink now so I immediately poured one.

"Are you ready to talk about your past
now?" Shinobu asked. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. "Uh yeah..." I sighed sitting down on the couch.

"It would have been maybe 9 years ago...I was out to get more food since my mom ran out when she was making dinner...my sister came with me...we came back and saw my mother and father were both murdered. It was about 5 years ago when my sister was murdered in the same way....it was the day before her wedding....he also got her fiancé too. I was the one to get my sister from her room. And I kept knocking on her door and didn't get an answer and I saw a housekeeper and told her I needed a key...so she let me in and I saw her lying there on the floor next to her bed. There was a note that said at the right time it'll be your turn Giyu...I'll always be watching."

"Alright, what about you two?" Shinobu asked referring to Tanjiro and Nezuko.

"We're both from the mountains, and down the mountains was a small Poor village. I went down there one day to sell some things, my siblings wanted to come with me, but my mom didn't allow them, because they would get tired on the way and I wouldn't be able to carry them. So that night, a person who lived at the end of the mountain before going up told me to stay the night there and that it was dangerous to go up the mountains at that time. So the next morning after the sun rose I set out, but then I saw Nezuko and my youngest brother outside and all bloody in the snow. I ran inside and saw a blood bath...Nezuko was the only one who was still warm, so I carried her down the mountain before collapsing, Tomioka's friend saved me and took care of us, but died a year later. So Giyu-san took us in. His friend was also murdered by the same person...that was two years ago."

The others took notes of the situation and started brainstorming a little bit. "I don't think he lives close by....and I don't think he watches all the time...from inside it was the cameras, but he watches at one spot at least I would say," I said.

"So he wants to kill anything you're connected to or care about basically?" Iguro asked.

"Yes."

"My my Tomioka-san you must have a thing to get people to dislike you then." Shinobu teased trying to lighten the mood, but I could tell hearing about my past upset her.

~Another small-time skip~

Everyone had decided to stay the night. Mitsuri and Kanae also slept in Nezuko's room with Kanao there too for safety. Muichiro also stays in Tanjiro's room, then Shinobu and I share a room, and the rest are in the living room on a couch or futon.

Shinobu and I had settled down and while she was laying down on her phone I didn't realize I had started pacing again lost in thought of when he's most likely to attack...or hear my name being called. I was completely unaware of my surroundings until Shinobu was in front of me, and I bumped into her.

"Oh sorry," I mumble. She goes onto her toes, reaches out for my face, and forces me to go to her level. "I can't make any promises...but I think everything is going to be okay...alright? So calm down and come lay down. Okay?"

Her voice was soothing to me and always managed to calm me down. Immediately , I listened so that she doesn't get upset with me. Laying in bed, I just put on my glasses and started to read my book for a little while with my back against the backboard. "Do you care what I do?" She asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning my attention away from the book.

"Can I do this without you caring?" She asked as she lays her head in my lap and scoots close to me.

"You can do anything you want...I don't mind, as long as it's outside of work." I say.

"Really?" She asked, and in response, I nod. She sits up, but my eyes went back to my book.

"So...does this mean I can do this while you read?" Her voice changed a little causing me look up. She makes eye contact with me and lowers my book, but I get taken back when she kisses me. It surprised me that she had the courage to make the first move and I couldn't help but smile kissing her back.

It was a short kiss, but she pulls away with a smile. "Yes, you can even do that."

"Good." She says laying back down on me.

Thank you so much for sticking around and dealing with my screwed up updating schedule. Hope you all are having good days/nights and please take care of yourselves and know even if you don't think it you still matter. Anyway thanks again! Love ya guys!

Edited: 2/28/24