Seal Our Fate

(previously a separate one shot, now included as bonus chapter)

Draco's p.o.v.

''No!'' I yelled.

''You do not have a choice,son'' My father said in a bored tone.

''I have and I am not going to get married!''I screeched.

Mother looked torn between us. She didn't know whether to support her husband or her only son.But you know what,at that moment I really didn't care.All i knew was that I was not getting married to anyone.

Ever since that fateful night,I couldn't stop thinking about Hermione. I cut contact with my own family and I went away from them. For 5 years. Five years of hell. It was only a month ago father found me living alone and had it not been mother pleading me to come back home,I wouldn't have listened to him at all.

''Draco--'' Mother started but I walked out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione's p.o.v. 

I heard a knock on my door.

''Come in!'' I yelled.

Mom came in and closed the door behind her. She looked like she wanted to say something but she couldn't. That's very unlike of my mom who usually is this chirpy little bird with dad and me but with the guests,she is a confident woman with an aura of elegance.

So naturally when she staterd fidgeting,I found it quite strange. Placing my novel down,I glanced at her.

''Mom? Is there something wrong?'' I asked her.

''Umm..no..I mean..umm'' She stuttered.

I sighed. I knew what she wanted to say.

''Its about my marriage,isn't it?'' I asked her,my head down.

She came and sat beside me. ''Hermione dear--'' She started but I cut her off.

''Look mom. I love you and dad a lot and I respect your decisions. In fact, I already agreed to get married to the boy of your choice,right?So you just relax and don't worry about me,okay?'' 

She gave me a weak smile. I knew even she wanted me to live my life independently but every freedom had its limits.And I somehow had to accept it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco's p.o.v.

After an hour of mental debates,I gave up. I did not like my father at all but I did respect the fact that I am a Malfoy. I will dare not do anything that spoils our name. Besides,it is not like Hermione would be mine again.

So I agreed to get married to the girl of their choice. Pathetic,I know.

I swear I had never seen the kind of proud face that father showed me when I told him my decision. So I thought that maybe this is not as bad as it seems. But who am I kidding?

A home without Hermione never felt homely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person's p.o.v.

Hermione never imagined that she had to be in an arranged marriage. Scared of defying her father's will while at the same time trusting his decision to find a suitable bachelor for her,she stepped into her shower and took a long bath.Today was the day her to-be husband would come with his family to meet her and then the engagement would take place shortly afterwards.