Tides of Obsession

by @AdultOfTheFuture

The opening. Good night, the opening was genius. Yes, perhaps the movement was slow, but it caught my attention and I thought it was spectacular. 

We immediately have a foundation for the main character's... character, a good view of what she's up against, and a solid setting of the story mood, which is a hard thing to establish in an opening, believe it or not.

Excellent. Give the author 100 points and a cigar. 

The world and voice are very posh. Love it. Like, how we have a split between how the main character acts when she's around her rich friends and how she acts around Claudia and Hunter is extremely interesting. She's split between two versions of herself.

Her parents are the best. The BeSt. Villains, yes. Cruel, yes. Over the top? Yessssss....

Pretty clothes are my favorite in books ❤ and this has got them in abundance. Like really. I love the descriptions of what she's wearing and what she thinks about it. It adds depth and believability to the story.

So, my two things (my thingsssssss):

✨There's the occasional curse. Yes, not everyone cares, but I am mentioning it in case someone does. It isn't gory cursing. One is sprinkled in every once in a while. Personally not my thing, but I'm not going to barf out my reasons here.

My second thing.... I can't even tell if this is a legitimate thing because only four chapters of the book are uploaded and we haven't seen enough character development at that point.

HOWEVER

✨Hunter was very touchy-feely, and some of his flirting made my red flags go up. Like, he is sweet and I love him to death, and I'm NOT saying that for no reason. I loved his character, could feel the potential for a really good development as the story goes on. But he touches the main character so much. 

It's likely just me since I am extremely sensitive to touch for reasons, but? I think him hugging her was supposed to make the reader feel like he's cute and cuddly, but it made me pull back rather than bonding with him like I would have liked to.

All in all it is written very professionally. Awesome job editing and with the general story and plot ❤ I hope you (lovely author) finish it and I think it is definitely a story that could sell if you did decide to publish it. 

Time stamp: 4-29-20