Perfect Harmony

by emliarad

Penny: famous singer

Noah: introverted marshmallow

In a romance between these two, who knows how it will go.

Wonderful start to a story!!! I love the main character, and the name is just adorable. I'm a sucker for cute character names, and trust me: Penny fits her perfectly.

The first line is wonderful, and thank you for not having a limp first chapter. We have some conflict from the start, and whether this develops to be the main conflict or not, it drives us to the next chapter well.

The split perspective is good! It's so hard, but I think it's done well here.

Here are my thingssssssssssss:

Mwahahahaha

💎There are several times when the way things are worded makes it hard to understand. Example (and these are easy to fix if you read through the chapters slowly and examine the wording yay editing):

"... he somehow found himself shopping a suit for him with her." (Chapter 2, 4th paragraph)

💎This might be more a me thing, BUT it often convinces the reader better if they are shown something, rather than told. The famous show vs tell debate. It is of course necessary to tell the reader things, but if it is possible to show them it through a scene, even brief, it feels more real than getting told.

Seeing Bob pick his nose is way more real than being told by your BFF that she saw him pick his nose.

I very much enjoyed the first couple chapters <3 please check it out!

Time Stamp: 10-22-20