Starcrossed

by CuteCookie1_

This is a tiny thing but thank you for noting whose perspective we were reading. Especially if the PoV switches inside chapters. I have read authors who magically make the switch and assume readers will get the memo, but it only ends up confusing. So: thank you very much.

The first paragraph is wonderful. Gets all the main things: introducing us to the world, main character, and the conflict. It caught my attention immediately.

I love the world! It seems very interesting. I have a tiny bit of confusion as to whether Syrma's world is a different one from Annabelle's or....

It just seems extremely undefined.

The characters are developing wonderfully! They're both so soft and adorable. Both of them needs a friend, very very much, and I love friendship stories.

My thing for this story is:

When Syrma is introduced, we know she wants adventure, but it doesn't feel particularly strong. Strong enough for her to rescue a random girl and risk her life for some adventure?.... not... really. I can see someone making the case for this, but I really don't feel like we are longing for adventure with her enough to feel like her essentially ruining her life was a good choice.

Especially since the decision was made instinctively on Syrma's part.

It would be nice to see more motivation. To feel her absolute need for adventure. Or, if part of her motivation is her "pure heart," some evidence that she truly instinctively cares that much for creatures that she would react that way.

Otherwise, it feels random and contrived.

Like, the author wanted it to happen, and so it happened

Like, the author wanted it to happen, and so it happened. Rather than the preferred for most people: the character needed to do it because of her personality/background, and so she did it. 

I do love the characters, and I think the story is a wonderful idea! <3

Time Stamp: 1-7-21