Gallery of Secrets

By @chiminities

First off, the cover is wonderful. It seems simple and way obvious at first, but as the story goes on it grows more meaningful and definitely perfect. If the title isn't perfect as well, I don't know what is. There are a few titles of books that make me revel in saying them because they match the story so perfectly, and this is one of them. Absolutely loveee it.

As for the story, wonderful writing. The author states that they edited before they posted, and I believe they finished it before they started uploading chapters, and I can definitely tell. The writing is smooth and well done, well edited, and well thought out.

The description is very appropriate for the mood of the story, and every bit pulls the reader in.

There's a lot of subtle mystery in this story, whether it's the characters' pasts or what's actually going on in the story relationships

In general, this author is good at tugging the reader along, even while it might feel like nothing is going on but relationship drama XD I don't know how they do it, but it's fantastic.

As for the romance itself... It's not explicit, but I'm a wilting flower so it felt a bit too much for me XD However, I'm sure romance readers who don't like explicit scenes will love this. I don't want to spoil anything, but there's a lot of conflicted feelings, a lot of love, a lot of tears.

Some cursing, more in some chapters than others, but I think the author used a tone of voice from the beginning that made sure the cursing wasn't a slap in the face when it happened. Like, if... if your story doesn't have the right mood from the beginning, cursing feels forced and inauthentic. This however, was not.

Cursing in stories is not my thing, and I have my reasons. However, if it's going to happen, I would like to feel like it's not something the author is using for no reason other than to curse. So thank you.

Time Stamp: 7-2-2020