37

tzuyu

"you guys got any news?" jeong unnie asked. the unnies sighed in unison. "what's happening to them?"

it's been three weeks. we haven't got any news about them. "i'm worried." jihyo unnie said. "we all are, ji."

"this is the first time that this thing happened, and they aren't even replying to our texts, or even our messages in our group chat."

"yesterday, they said they'll take us out for dinner, they promised, but they didn't fulfilled it."

he also promised. two weeks ago, he promised he'll take me out, but he didn't. eight days ago, he promised he'll take me out and this time it'll happen, he said. but what happened? he cancelled it because something happened. five days ago, he called and said sorry, i forgave him because he needed to cancel our dates because something happened. he said he'll take me out but no he didn't.

two days ago, he called again. i don't want to answer it but i missed him so much. i missed his hugs, his scent, his kisses, and him. he said he'll go to our dorm to take me out, but no, i was almost ready when he texted me he needed to cancel it again.

"tzu, are you crying?" oh no, the unnies noticed. i wiped my tears and smiled. "ani, i just yawned." i immediately looked away and started to eat.

even though i know that they knew that i am lying, they didn't said anything, instead, they started to eat too.

we ate our dinner quietly, we kept silent as we finish eating our food. i can feel jeongyeon and chaeyoung unnie staring at us.

"i'll wash the dishes. just call me if you guys finished eating." i said and stand up and went to my room.

i lied down on my bed and hugged my pillow, letting my tears fall.

jungkook-ah, what's happening? you're not like this. you always inform me whenever something happens.

"no this isn't bad. this isn't bad." i mumbled.

think positive thoughts, chou tzuyu! maybe they are discussing about their upcoming tour or fanmeets or anything!

"tzu." i quickly wiped my tears as i heard dahyun unnie knocked. "coming." i said.

"jungkook called." i bit my lip and stopped my tears from falling. "he'a finding you but we said you're doing something in your room. he wants to talk to you."

"unnie he's busy, stop lying, he didn't called." i said. "tzu we aren't lying. we know that you aren't fine either. chaeyoung and i knows the reason why."

i lowered my head. "he promised, but he didn't fulfilled it."

"that's why he wants to talk--"

"for what unnie? he'll say sorry again and then he'll say 'i'll take you out later' and when i am getting ready already he'll text me 'i need to cancel our date, sorry jagi, something came up' and i'll end up crying again." i cutted her. "what do you expect me to do unnie?! act like i'm fine with this?!" i shouted while crying.

but i quickly realized what i had done and i started to feel guilty. "u-unnie, m-mianhae." i sat down on my bed and covered my face. "mian, i-i cannot help myself."

"hey what's happeni--oh my god tzu why are you crying?" i continued to sob. "are you two fighting?!"

"a-ani, it's my fault. i-i accidentally shouted at unnie." i answered. "tzu what's happening? you know you can tell us why." jihyo unnie carresed my hair. "wants us to tell the reason?" chaeyoung unnie asked. i just nodded.

i shouldn't have shouted at unnie. she's having a hard time also but i did this. i hurted her feelings.

i'm such a bad maknae.

they gasped as dahyun and chaeyoung unnie stopped talking. "when jungkook called five minutes ago it means..."

"yeah." dahyun unnie answered. "chae and i will wash the dishes instead of--"

"ani, i'm fine. i can wash it." i said and stand up. "mianhae unnie."

she walked towards me and hugged me. "it's fine tzu, we are your unnies for nothing okay. you can tell us your problems okay." i nodded. "i think the three of us should wash the dishes then." chaeyoung unnie suggested.

"i think so." dahyun unnie laughed. "kaja."

---------

"jungkook's calling tzu." chaeyoung unnie handed me my phone. "i'll finish this."

i went to the living room as i answered the call. "wae?"

"tzu? jagi, i'm sorry for cancelling our dates."

"it's fine." i faked a smile. "it's not. i know you're lying."

i'm gonna enroll to a school that can teach me how to lie. "i'll go to your dorm, i'll take you this time, i promise."

"no i'm fine, jagi. i'm fine. you shoudl rest." or maybe talk again with your hyungs about something that you are not telling me.

i wanted to add those but i don't want to hurt his feelings. even though he already hurted mine.

"i insist. i've been cancelling our dates, i'll call you when i'm near." i just hummed and ended the call. "so?"

"he'll take me out." i said. "you should get ready."

i shake my head. "he might call again, to say that he needs to cancel this."

"or maybe he meant what he said." chaeyoung unnie said. "go get change, we got this."

i just sighed and nodded. i went upstairs. i just grabbed my coat and put it on. i put some concealer on my eyebags so he won't notice it. i was almost ready when he called again.

"jagi?"

"hm?"

"mianhae, i need to cancel this again, the hyungs wanted to talk about something again."

i faked a smile. i knew it. "jag--"

"it's fine. go talk with them."

"i'm sorry." and he ended the call. really jungkook? it's been three weeks too since you said 'i love you' to me. 

i threw my phone on the bed and removed my coat, i also removed the concealer in my eyebags and went to my bed, crying.

you're making me hope. you aren't like this.

what the hell is happening to you, jeon jungkook?! i can't take this anymore! it's been three weeks and you keep making me hope!

why do you need to promise something to me even though you already know you aren't gonna fulfill it?

you're hurting me.