-chapter 10-

[Emma's POV]

Isabella and I drove to my house in silence. My mind was swirling with thoughts and regret. The music would only clog it up more.

Why did I trust Daniel? He's probably going to leak it to everyone in the school and then who knows what will happen. I'm not supposed to be the nerd. I'm not supposed to know how to sing and play guitar. I'm not supposed to do any of this.

The drive home was a blur. I couldn't comprehend anything.

We arrived at my house and I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt. I needed some alone time. I started to get up when something yanked my arm and I was forced back into my sitting position. I looked over and saw Isabella. I totally forgot she was here.

I tried to avoid her gaze but she already saw the fear in my eyes.

"Emma. Talk to me. Please." She begged.

"I'm fine. It's nothing." I sighed and tried to get up again. She just pulled me back down.

"Emma. I know it's something. I know we just became friends but I can still see fear in your eyes. I can't help you fix whatever it is unless you tell me." She said.

I sighed again, and told my story.

"Why are you so worried about that?" She was confused.

"Because he's going to tell everyone and then Hayden and Mallory will hate me and throw me to the curb like a piece of garbage." She chuckled at my simile.

"Well. I can already tell that you don't actually like them very much. And not everyone will hate you. You still have me, Lottie, Elle, and Fay." She reassured me. I paused and thought about what she said.

"You're right." I rolled my eyes and cleared my head. "I honestly do hate them and I have you guys." I smiled knowing that I have true friends.
_____

I went to school early again, and to the music classroom for privacy. I chose the same practice room, but this time I shut the door. I secretly hoped to see Daniel again, so we could sing together, but the chance of that was unlikely after yesterday.

I sat myself onto a stool in front of the keyboard, and chose what song I would play. I played the introduction to Let It Go by James Bay. It was a beautiful song.

Taking a deep breath, I was about to start singing when there was knock at the door. I rolled my eyes after being interrupted, and then turned to the sound. There was no window, to ensure privacy, so I turned the handle and was met with who I was hoping for.

"Um hi," he got a little nervous. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to sing together again? Yesterday was a lot of fun." His words intrigued me.

"Sure." I shrugged and opened the door further so he could walk in. We exchanged a smile and sat down on the stools. Me in my original spot and he was near a cello.

"What song?" He asked while tuning it.

"Let It Go by Jason Bay?" I hoped he approved.

"Sounds good!" He finished the tuning and nodded at me to start.

"From walking home and talking loads
Seeing shows in evening clothes with you
From nervous touch to getting drunk
To staying up and waking up with you"

We sang the first verse and it sounded amazing again.

"And now we're slipping at the edge
Holding onto something we don't need
Oh this delusion in our heads
Is gonna bring us to our knees

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me
And I'll be me

From throwing clothes across the floor
To teeth and claws and slamming doors at you
If this is all we're living for
Why aren't we doing it doing it doing it anymore

I used to recognize myself
It's funny how reflections change
And we're becoming something else
I think it's time to walk away

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me
And I'll be me"

We sounded so good. Wow.

"Trying to fit your hand inside of mine
When we know just don't belong
There's no force on earth
Could make me feel right
Whoa
Trying to push this problem up the hill
When it's just too heavy to hold
Think now it's time to let it slide

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Let the ashes fall
Forget about me

So come on let it go
Just let it be
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me
And I'll be me"

"Oh my gosh that sounded so good!" I exclaimed when we were done.

"It really did!" He leaned over and we shared a hug. My face was bright red the whole time. "Do you want to do this every morning?"

"Sure," I continued to blush.

The bell rang again and we headed into the class room to be met with the teacher.

Once everyone was spread out in chairs and counted for, Ms. Polles began to speak.

"Today you will be starting an in class project with one partner. The assignment is to write or cover a song with your partner and then, eventually, share it with the class, and maybe even the school for a talent show if you do well. I will pick your partners. I'm really excited about this and I hope you will be too!" I loved Mrs. Polles. She was so kind and bubbly. "Daniel Seavey and Emma Wood."

Daniel and I glanced over at each other and locked eyes. She must've heard us singing before class. I blocked out the rest of the pairing as I brainstormed what song we should do. Or if we should make our own.

"Everyone get with your partners and decide on a song or something!" She announced as I tuned back in. Daniel came and sat next to me as I was glued in my chair from surprise.

"So Emma, do you want to make a song or?" He paused asking the question.

"I'm not sure. We could think of something at lunch?" I offered.

"Sounds great!"
________________________________________________________________

Well I hope you liked this chapter...it's a littttle longer because of the song and I'm sorry that I use up a bunch of space because of it...so there's a song in almost every chapter...so I'm going to put them at the top so you can listen while you read. I'll go back and do it to the others too.

IMPORTANTEEE!! I NEED A SONG THAT THEY SHOULD SING, PREFERABLY A SLOWER SONG! AND A LOVE SONG ALSO!! PLEASE GIVE ME REQUESTS AND ILL LISTEN AND CHOOSE ONE!

✌︎︎➪