Substitute

Life has its ups and downs. I learned that pretty quickly. MI6 were always there to remind me of the downs. After Jack died I didn't know what to do. Instead of dealing with it I went back to school. I got the side comments that come with being Alex Rider when I entered the school. I ignored them and went straight to the office to get my new schedule which leads us to now. Now I'm walking to first period which happens to be geometry. I can easily do this level class but due to my absences I was not put into high enough classes.

I walk into the classroom with the dark hood from my hoodie resting on the mop of brown hair, once blonde, that I had dyed to take care of a recent mission. It wasn't very dangerous just a small drug cartel and it only took a few weeks but before that I hadn't been to school in a while so I've been out for almost three months now.

I sit in an empty seat near the back of the classroom and silently wait for the classroom to fill. Multiple students sneer or glance at me but I don't give them any acknowledgement. After about ten minutes a man walks in whom I don't recognize at first. The students all look at him in question too.

The man has jet black hair and wears a black vest along with some combat pants. He has a piercing in his eyebrow and dark eyes. It puts me on edge for a moment until I recognize him. Ben Daniels is a MI6 agent whom I've worked with multiple times. He used to be in the SAS unit I was once put in but there I knew him as Fox. He looks to be on a mission or something due to his appearance but what is he doing at a school? That's what makes me think this is about me.

"Hi everyone I'm your last minute sub today. You can just call me Ben," he introduces. Everyone greets him kindly and I can tell he's about to give us an assignment. He probably doesn't know what we're learning so he looks around the desk to find something to give us. Ben picks up a stack of worksheets but before he can pass them out his phone buzzes in his pocket. He looks down at the message that he was sent before muttering a, "shit."

This kids eyes widen at their substitute cussing but I'm sure it's not the first time anyone heard that world. People need to grow up.

Ben puts the worksheets back on the desk before walking towards the front of the desk. He looks up from his phone and sees me almost immediately. I meet his eyes asking the  question that doesn't need to be asked. He quickly walks over to the back of the classroom to look out of the windows. I turn around without getting up but I can't see anything from here. I can't help but have a bad feeling about this.

Ben walks over to me making the rest of the class glance over at us in confusion.

"They're here early," he mutters under his breath but I can hear him along with a couple people next to me.

"Who?" This one girl asks him. Ben ignores her and looks at me. By the look he gives me I know that he's on a mission right now. And I have a pretty good idea at who he's undercover with.

"We have got to get you out of here," he says to me which confirms my suspicion. I quickly stand up and look out of the window for any sight of Scorpia agents.

"What's their plan?" I ask Ben forgetting all of the other ears in this room.

"They just want you and they plan on two agents per section," he informs me.

"Your their intel?" I ask and he nods.

"I said that you weren't in the classroom yet but I'm new to their organization so they may not believe me," he tells me and I sigh. There's no sign of anyone and Ben doesn't say anything either. We glance at each other. I take my phone out that Smithers made me and I turn on the part that will block any forms of communication in a ten foot radius. That's way if any agents step foot in this area they can't contact others.

I place the phone in the ground and turn back to Ben.

"Go out the window Alex," he says. I agree with his idea and slip my way out of the window ignoring the confused looks of my classmates. The second my feet gracefully hit the ground I notice two agents turn the corner. I jump back through the window but I was not quick enough to go unnoticed. They fired a couple shots but none of them hit me. The other kids screamed and hid under their desks. Ben goes over towards a wall that is not in the view from the window. I notice him pull his gun out and click the safety off. He nods to me slightly telling me that he has my back.

Only a few seconds later the two agents come storming in. Both with their guns out and pointing at me. The students cry out at the sight of the gun but they were simply ignored by all of us. One man from Scorpia steps up to me with the barrels of the gun aimed at my forehead. Ben comes out of his hiding spot and points his gun at the man who was aiming at me. This resulted in the other Scorpia agent pointing his gun at Ben. We were locked.

"Alex Rider," the man who was aiming at me snarls. "You always were good," he says which makes me smile. Ben glances at me and I wait a few seconds before telling him to duck. We both drop at the same time and Ben turns to face his opponent while I face mine.

The Scorpia agent who had his gun pointing at me seconds ago now cowers underneath me. I take his gun after punching him a few times and aim the barrel at his head like he had to me moments before. I glance at Ben who was in the middle of a fight with the agent but I could already see that he was winning.

While I had glanced at Ben the agent whose life I was threatening had grabbed a knife and stabbed it into my side. It stung like hell but it only resulted in me pulling the trigger. He crumpled to the ground and Ben was knocking the agent unconscious. So we had one dead guy and one on the brink of death. It's all in a days work.

Ben stands up and looks over to me. He notices my wound immediately and rushes over to me.

" '6 is here," he says which makes me relax a bit more. Ben tells me to take off my shirt and I comply with his orders and slip the torn shirt over my head. He grabs the shirt from me and starts putting pressure on the stab wound not even fazed by my many scars.

And that's how I ended up shirtless and bleeding in front of my class.