Pt. 1 of does Alex Rider have a death wish?

It was cold out. Alex knew it. But his body was so numb the cold didn't seem to kick in. His body shit down as he was running through the woods from his latest Scorpia escape.

The woods were harsh. The winds felt like they could blow him away and there was nobody around to help him. A distress signal had been sent out days ago but somehow it never seemed to gain him any help. He'd been lying in the same place for two days, hungry and thirsty beyond belief. He couldn't will, himself, to move though.

Scorpia hasn't been able to find him in that time because he managed to hide himself in a cave for the time being. The dark was kind and cruel. It kept him concealed but the temperature seemed to drop to freezing within minutes.

Alex wasn't ready to die but he also wasn't ready to live more of this life. The missions and the enemies were a threat to his life everyday. He couldn't even remember the last time he went to school let alone the last time he went to school for longer than a week. He also knew that he was achingly close to being kicked out of Brooklands for his shitty attendance.

Nobody really needed him anyway. Tom was making new friends at his new school in France, Jack was back in America with her family and a nice job, and Alex really didn't have anyone else. He knew that one day he would die. Everyone knows that. But he had expected to live beyond 16 years of age.

16 years of pain. The emotional pain he went through by losing all of his family when he was young. The mental pain the missions took on his mind. From nightmare to paranoia there always seemed to be something that wouldn't shut off in his head. The physical pain that he had endured the last couple of years. The exhaustion, overexertion, bruises, broken bones, torture sessions, concussions, the blood. Everything seems to hurt him nowadays. Even breathing hurts currently.

Alex had gone through a few sessions with Dr. Three before making his escape. All he could tell you was that something was stinging his lungs. It could be a punctured lung, or a rib pressing into a lund. It could even be the freezing air entering his lungs.

Pain couldn't even describe what he was feeling.

Alex's consciousness wavered for the twelfth time that hour. He eventually lost the battle and seemed into the heavenly release of unconsciousness.

The bliss is broken by the rays of sun that slip through the opening of the cave. With daylight comes another torture sessions with his body being both the abuser and the abused.

Sure he wasn't ready to die but maybe some part of him wanted to. Was it really worth it to keep going?

He didn't have a death wish, right? Alex just couldn't see the harm in being dead. He doesn't do anything to indicate he has a death wish.

Another ten hours or so later footsteps finally became audible.

"Alex," he heard Ben call out. Someone finally came to save him.

————————————————————

A/N: HEY GUYS. ITS BEEN A WHILE. SORRY ABOUT THAT AGAIN. THIS IS JUST A SHORT PIECE THAT WILL PROBABLY HAVE ONE OR TWO MORE PARTS TO.

BTW IM WORKING OM THE SECOND CHAPTER OF THE PREVIOUS ONE SHOT AND IM LIKE HALFWAY DONE SO IT WILL PROBABLY BE OUT SOON.

I JUST WANT TO WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THE LOVE THIS BOOK HAS GOTTEN. IM SO GLAD THAT SOME PEOPLE LIKE READING THIS AND AM EXCITED FOR WHAT THE NEW YEAR BRINGS.

🎉HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD 2022!!! 🎉