♕ T W E L V E ♕

Previously...

I walk inside the dark room and all of a sudden, he pushes me onto the wall.

"You think I didn't know that you were planning to kill me?" He says in a low voice.

Present...

Vera's POV

My hands are clammy and I feel my breathing quicken.

Gosh, Vera you're such as dumbass! Of course he noticed!

I decide to put on a brave face and I smirk, "How'd ya know?" I ask.

"I heard your conversation with your Papa in the Cadillac last month," Mattia's eyes darken as anger takes over him.

"Ah, so I guess I am a dumbass," I laugh and knee him in the groin.

He falls to the floor and I quickly straddle him and pull out my dagger. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now?" I say as I run my finger down the sharp blade.

He smirks and flips us over so that he's straddling me now.

He pulls out a gun from his pocket and my eyes widen.

"You're not the only one with tricks up your ass," he smiles. I begin to mentally panic.

"How about you give me one reason to not kill you," he says as he snatches the dagger from my hand and holds it up to my throat.

"Cause you caught feelings for me," I say smirking.

He pushes the blade harder and I feel a sting on my neck.

"I don't fall in love with a traitorous bitch," he growls.

"Whatever you say Polibio," I try to agitate him so I can catch his weak spot but he pushes his emotions to the side.

Suddenly, he slaps me.

"You know, I don't think that this is a fair fight—don't ya think?" He says as he tosses the dagger on the other side of the room and holds the gun up to my temple.

"Mhmmm, you shoulda gave me the dagger," I pout.

"How about I make a deal with you?" He says and I cock my head to the side and smile.

"You should just kill me, Polibio. If you let me go, the Luca family will hunt you down and kill you anyways," I close my eyes and wait for something to happen.

Then he does the unexpected, I feel his warm lips on mine.

My head screams no and my heart says shhh.

Then he pulls away and reality snaps back into me.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask.

"I don't want to kill you," he whispers.

"What game are you playing here? You act like an asshole for TWO months and you flirt with me, and now you want to say that you're simping!" I try to create a distraction so I can find way to gain control again.

The truth is I like him. A lot. But he's a Polibio and I can NEVER be seen with a Polibio.

We both know this and it's always a sad reminder of this lifestyle.

It's always my people over a boy and right now, I'm choosing my people.

He sets the gun down.

I take that as my cue and I use a hand to punch his jaw and another hand to flip us over and I straddle him.

I grab the gun and place it to his temple.