♕ T W E N T Y - S E V E N ♕

a/n:  i think imma start putting pictures on top in future chapters. you can screenshot them if you want.

Vera's POV

december 31:
Mars and I have been going on dates almost every other day for the past week and I'm actually really liking this.

Mattia on the other hand hasn't been speaking to me, yet I don't mind. He's always up in my business asking whether I remember yet or not—I don't. He's really over-protective which confuses me, but it doesn't really matter.

I don't stick my nose in Mafia shit, and no one ever tells me what's going on, so I really don't care.

I think I might be falling for Mariano though...

Just a teeny bit.

A teeny, tiny bit.

That's a lie.

I love him.

Today is December 31st and Mars said that he wanted to take me to New York City for the countdown.

I asked him why we never celebrated Christmas and he said something about everyone being too busy and worried about me and that's why he took me to the beach last week.

(oh my god, i just realized that they went to the beach DURING THE COLD... just pretend it was warm that day, okay? lmaoooo)

It's around 3pm and I'm getting dressed because Mariano wanted to show me something so we're leaving Jersey a bit early.

He told me to dress cute so that's what I'm doing.

A knock sounds on my door and Alejandro walks in.

"Hey Alex," I say as I fold some backup clothes into my duffel bag.

"I miss seeing your face all the time," he pouts and sits on my bed.

"I know—I just hate it here," I admit.

"Cause Mattia?" He asks and I nod.

"He's so stubborn and can't admit his feelings so I tiptoe around him—with Mars, I don't do that," I say.

"I like you," he blurts out.

"I kn—wait what?!" I'm speechless.

"I think you're pretty and clearly Mariano and Mattia don't know what to do with you and if you were mine, I'd wife you up so fast," he rambles.

I don't know what happened to me, but I find myself kissing him.

He kisses back with such urgency, and the next thing I know, my clothes are on the floor.

What the hell, Vera?

I ignore my conscience and just keep going. I need this. Plus, I'm not even with Mars.

I'm a fucking homie hopper.

I slept with Mars, Mattia, and now Alejandro.

Who's next? Kairi?

I feel so disgusted with myself.

"That meant nothing," I tell Alejandro as we put our clothes back on.

"That meant nothing—we were in the moment," he assures me and walks out of my room.

What would the old Vera say? Would she slap or congratulate me?

Probably shoot me in the head...

I cringe at my thoughts and head downstairs after I situate myself.