♕ F I F T E E N ♕

Previously...

"You love him?" Lani scoffs.

"Should've killed yourself—you're a waste of space," Alejandro laughs.

Present...

Vera's POV

"I care about you guys," I say quietly.

"No—no you don't. You used us for your own benefit. My family welcomed you into our house and you betrayed us," Lani scoffs.

"WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO? HUH? MY FATHER WAS GOING TO KILL ME IF I DIDN'T DO THIS!" I yell.

"You should've told us. We could've helped you—Mattia's dad was right, you're a filthy Luca," Alejandro says.

I look at Mattia.

"I confessed my love to you," I whisper to him as tears trail down my face.

"Guys, can you please leave us for a second. I need to talk to her," Mattia says to everyone.

"She's gonna use your again," Lani scoffs as they walk out.

"Watch your mouth," Mattia says to her.

"Yes, Capo," she laughs and shuts the door behind her, leaving Mattia and I alone.

"Mattia, I'm sorry-," I begin to say until he cuts me off.

"I believe you," he says.

Time stops. I. Believe. You. What?

"Y-you do?" I ask.

"I love you," he says making eye contact with me.

I think my heart is about to explode.

"No—no don't do this to me," I plead.

"I'm not lying."

"Mattia, no. Please, please don't do this. I won't survive," I beg as I sob.

"I love you," he starts walking towards me.

"No, you're lying—you're lying!" I cry out.

He reaches me and unties my hands and legs from the chair.

I get up and he embraces me in a hug.

Seconds. Minutes. Hours.

I let go of him and I break down crying.

I find myself clinging to him as he rocks me and strokes my hair.

"Y-you don't understand. I'm not the same I was three months ago," I say choking on my hiccups.

"And why not?" he soothes.

"Because I thought I killed the first person I've ever loved," I explain.

"I'm here though," he shushes me.

"I'm not. I'm not okay, and I've known it for a while now," I stopped actively crying but the tears are still racing down my cheeks.

"We'll work this together," he suggests.

"No. Please go back to New Jersey," I plead.

"What happened to you, Vera? What's happening in your thoughts?" A tear rolls down his face.

"Nothing happened, Mattia. I'm Vera Luca and I'm Donna, which means I have responsisbilities," I scoff.

"I thought you loved me back," he gives me a sad smile.

"ou and I both know that we can't be together," I shake my head.

"I don't want to leave you," he gives me a sad smile.