Chapter 11

It's been a few days since Rosalie and Rayne finally got together, and today is their first official date. They're going to the movies and having a picnic in a clearing. Esme has promised to have their picnic basket ready by the time they return from Port Angeles.

The new couple are at the theater now, waiting for the worker to get their tickets. The boy is taking his jolly sweet time, too. Rayne is getting more annoyed than Rosalie and she's the human. The boy FINALLY gets the ladies their tickets to the romantic comedy Rayne chose and the girls head toward the room their movie will be held.

The girls sit in the front this time, because this is a movie Rayne actually wants to see. Rosalie holds her hand as the movie eventually comes on and the theater room slowly fills with couples and depressed single people. Rayne and Rose just so happen to be one of the couples in the room.

Once the movie is over, Rayne is in tears from how much she laughed. Rosalie thinks it's funny how Rayne reacted to some of the scenes. They're both smiling as the get to the mansion and Rayne's smile grows even more at the picnic basket in front of Esme in the kitchen.

"Thank you, Esme," Rayne coos.

"Oh, honey," Esme smiles as she kisses Rayne on the cheek, "of course. You're like a daughter and you make our Rose happy."

Rayne looks at Rosalie and smirks. "I hope so."

Rosalie sighs and she grabs the basket, also thanking Esme before she and Rayne travel by foot in a human speed to the clearing. In this clearing, there is a 'field' of purple wild flowers and the sun poking through the trees,

Rosalie steps into the sun and her skin suddenly looks like a trillion little diamonds, and they're all shining in the light. Without a word, Rayne sits beside Rosalie and opens the basket for the sandwich Esme made.

"Can I go hunt?" Rosalie asks gently. "You can eat."

"Go ahead," Rayne replies. "You have to keep yourself up."

Rosalie kisses Rayne before she vanished. Rayne eats on her sand which as the birds chirp and the squirrels run around. The human smiles adoringly at att the sounds of nature, truly happy with her life. She misses her mom and Quinton, but she knows Amelia would want her to be happy.

Rayne hardly thinks about Summer anymore and when she does, it's her thinking she's glad Summer cheated because now she's with Rosalie, and happy. Rayne is crazy about Rosalie and doesn't care that she's a vampire.

Rosalie returns from her hunt after a few moments and the girls stay in the clearing for several hours before returning to the Cullen place. Rose and Rayne go up to Rosalie's room where Rayne sleeps.

(This was a bit of a filler chapter, and I apologize for the shortness.)