Chapter 36

It's been a couple weeks, and Rayne is watching as Jacob walks up to the door. When he rings the bell ring, she walks over and opens the door. Rayne is wearing a dress made of a light pink tulle fabric, and siren brown gladiator sandals.

"Is it true?" He growls.

"Hello, Rayne," Rayne says sarcastically, "how are you?"

Jacob hears Bella's voice upstairs. "She's here?"

"They've been home for two weeks," Rayne says.

Jacob storms upstairs. Rayne growls lowly before she follows Jacob.

"Jacob, I'm glad you came," Bella says weakly.

"That's close enough, dog," Rosalie sneers as Jacob steps closer.

"What's your problem?" Jacob asks as Edward holds Charles.

"Rose, it's okay," Bella days and Rosalie moves, a blanket covering Bella's belly.

"You look terrible," Jacob says to Bella.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you, too," Bella comments.

"So, are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?" Jacob asks.

"Ray, can you help me up?" Bella asks.

Rayne smiles before skipping over. She helps Bella stand and Jacob growls b

"You did this!" As soon as he yells, Charles begins to cry.

"What in the hell is wrong with you, Jacob Ephraim!?" Rayne slaps the hell out of him and she grabs her son, she hums a soft tune and he immediately calms down.

"I didn't even know it was possible," Carlisle claims as Rayne hums her siren song to calm her son down.

"What is it?" Jacob asks the doctor.

"I'm not sure," Carlisle replies honestly. "Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac."

"I can't see it, either," Alice claims, she isn't her perky self, she's worried. "And I can't see Bella's future anymore."

"We've been researching legends but there isn't much to go on," Carlisle says as Rayne stops humming, Esme carries the baby upstairs. "What we do know is that it's strong. And fast-growing."

"Why haven't you done anything?" Jacob sneers. "Take it out of her!"

"This is none of your business, dog," Rosalie snaps.

"Rose!" Rayne scolds, and Rosalie looks at her mate. "This fighting is not good for Bella."

'The fetus isn't good for Bella," Alice claims.

"Say the word, Alice," Rosalie says sharply. "Baby. It's just a little baby."

"Possible," Jasper mutters and he gets elbowed by Rayne. "Ow! Wait, how did that hurt?"

Rayne glares at him and sighs. "According to my mon's books..."

"Carlisle," Jacob cuts her off, "you've gotta do something."

"No. It's not his decision," Bella says sharply, yet weakly. "It's not any of yours."

"What were you saying?" Jasper asks as Jacob follows Edward outside.

"According to my mom's books... I'll get enhanced hearing, possible speed, sight, and strength," Rayne replies.

Carlisle sighs as he hides his face in his hands. Rayne sighs and she begins humming her siren song to calm the nature of the house once more.
..........,,

Jacob has left and returned already. He met with Sam's pack and he ended up leaving. Seth and Leah joined him. Charles is outside with Leah, who is in human form to hold her imprint.

"Sam's lost the element of surprise," Jacob states, "and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

"We won't get through this without a fight," Emmett comments, he's leaning against the chair where Rayne's sitting.

"No fights," Carlisle says quickly. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void, at least in days mind," Jacob says.   

"Not in ours," Esme says sternly,  making Rayne proud.

"Carlisle," Emmett speaks up, his eyes are black. "No one's hunted in weeks."

"We'll make due," Esme tells him.

"You've done us a great service, Jacob," Carlisle says in a considerate tone. "Thank you."
******

Leah is sitting outside with Jacob and Seth while holding onto Charles that night. The baby is sleeping with his what on Leah's chest. She has bottles of Rayne's breast milk for him to eat when he needs fed.

"I know they're out there somewhere, but I can't hear them anymore," Jacob says. "It's quiet."

"I stopped them hearing them, too... the second I decided to leave," Leah replies. "It's nice."

"You know you can't stay here," Jacob states.

"I don't have any place..."

"I can't trust you with the Cullens," Jacob claims. "You hate them too much. You don't even like me."

"I don't have to. I just have to follow you," Leah says.

"Look, Seth doesn't want you here," Jacob says. "Neither do I."

"Being unwanted isn't exactly a new thing for me," Leah says. "Look," she adds when Jake goes silent, "I'll stay out of your way. I'll do whatever you want, except go back to Sam's pack and be the pathetic ex girlfriend he can't get away from. Plus, my imprint is here."

"All right," Jacob sighs as he looks at the baby sleeping in Leah's arms. "I'm gonna dona perimeter run."

Leah looks up at the balcony and she smiles at Rayne. She is glad to be here and around her, and Charles.