Chapter 32

Rayne cries out as she pushes, squeezing onto Emmett's hand. Emmett watched her calmly as his cold hand touches Rayne's sweating forehead. A doctor Grimes is delivering Rayne's son.

"Breathe," Doctor Grimes instructs and cairns to the. "Okay, push."

Rayne breathes in and she pushes. She cries as she feels her baby coming out. She tenses until she hears Charles crying. Emmett smiles in relief and joy as doctor Grimes lays baby Charles on Rayne's stomach to wrap him up.

They carry Charles out to bathe and weigh him. Doctor Grimes ends up giving Rayne five stitches before she tells her to rest before the nurses carry Charles in. Rayne opens the front of her gown and Charles is laid on her chest for kangaroo care. She makes sure her boobs are hidden from Emmett, he'd be like a kid at a candy store at the sight.

"I'll tell Carlisle."

Emmett walks out to the waiting room and the coven stands. "She had him. He was 5 points and 6 ounces. He was born one month early but healthy."

"He looks like Paul, doesn't he?" Sam asks from his seat, he came to the hospital - it's kind of a neutral ground.

"Yeah...by poor guy," Emmett muses and Sam laughs.

"I know," Sam smiles. "Can I...?"

Emmett shows Sam to Rayne's room.
......

"Hey," Sam greets in his gruff voice as he enters reynses hospital room. "So, this is Charles?"

"Charles McCarty Rhône."

Sam gently touches Charles' face. "Poor guy looks like Paul."

Rayne smirks. "Yeah... I noticed that. Did Leah come?"

"She will," Sam says. "She wanted me to tell you she's going to shower first. Mind if I sit in here with you guys?"

Rayne smiles and nods her head. "I don't care, Sam."

Sam sits on the leather couch by the window and he watches the new mom with her son.
*******

Leah enters the room that afternoon and she grins. "Hey, baby."

She sees the baby in his crib and she picks him up since Rayne is sleeping.

"Oh, hi!" Leah coos and she meets Charles' big brown eyes.

Leah smiles as she realizes she imprinted on the baby and she brushes his hair back. "Hi, there, Charles. I'm Leah."

"Knock knock," Paul mutters as he walks in. "There he is."

"I imprinted," Leah whispers.

Paul looks at her. "Good."

Leah hands Charles over to the hothead and Paul grows nervous as he looks down at the baby.

"Huh," Paul grumbles. "I have a baby and didn't have sex with the woman."

Leah snorts. "Paul!"

He grins as he sits in the chair by the bed since Embry is passed out on the couch near the window. Leah lays beside Rayne.