Chapter 12

It's been a couple weeks now, and Bella officially kneos about vampires. She confront Edward as soon as she learned the truth and then she confronted Rayne for lying. It wasn't too much longer until Edward and Bella were a couple.

Today is going to be a fun day. There is a storm brewing and it's when the vampires play America's favorite pastimes. Baseball. Rayne has decided to accept Rosalie's offer in tagging along so here she is, in a field in the woods waiting for Edward to arrive with Bella.

Rosalie isn't too pleased with Bella coming. Bella has little care for her humanity, for her mortal life and it truly hurts Rosalie. She envies humans.

"Here she comes," Emmett comments smugly.

Rayne looks up at the sky from beside Rosalie and sees the clouds darkening. She smirks, she loves a storm. She walks over to a bolder and she climbs onto it as Edward and Bella enter the clearing.

"Good think you're here," Esme says as she and Emmett walk up to greet her. "We need an umpire."n

Emmett grins largely, being himself. "She thinks we cheat,"

"I know you cheat," Esme says with an amused smile and she turns back to the brunette human. "Call 'em as you see 'em, Bella."

"Okay," Belka replies softly.

Alice goes to the pitcher's mound Alana has set up for the game and a rumble of thunder is heard overhead.

"It's time," Alice chirps.

The thunder caused the trees in the forest to shake, making Rayne smile in awe. Bella sticks with Esme at the bases. Esme is playing catcher. Emmett and Edward take their positions on the outfield.

Rosalie is up to bar first with the aluminum bat Rayne bought at Newton's sporting good store per Esme's request. Rosalie warms up and Alice throws the ball. Rosalie hits the ball and it sounds as if it were thunder.

"Now I see why you need the thunder," Bella comments toward Esme.

The ball rosalie hit goes into the trees and Edward disappears to catch it as Rosalie runs.

"That had to be a home run," Bella claims, trying to remember the stuff her dad and Billy Black say about baseball.

"Edward's very fast," Esme coos proudly.

Rosalie is almost a blur as she runs around the bases and Edward is back quickly with the back and he throws it to the home plate, where Esme catches the ball.

"Yer out?"

Rosalie glares hardly at her when Esme bods.

"C'mon, babe, it's just a game!" Rayne calls from her rock, Rosalie pursed her lips and she watches as Jasper hits the ball after Carlisle.

"Stop!" Alice exclaims after a quick vision, the family all gather, Rayne jogs over to them. "I didn't see them..."

Edward is quick to get to Bella's side, and Rosalie keeps Rayne close to her.

"They're traveling so quickly..." Alice whispers.

"You said they left the county," Rosalie comments from beside Rayne.