Chapter 44

The whole Volturi thing has passed, Rayne is standing before them in Volterra for the discussion. Caius was more than willing to oblige, but as Aro instructed. They must be at the Volterra castle before anything is to be said.

"The lovely Rayne Rhône," Aro muses as he walks closer to her. "You are even more lovely up close when you aren't doing that siren song."

"It is an honor to be here," Rayne replies. "May I get to my point?"

"Very well," Aro says quickly and he returns to his throne in a flash. "Have you decided to join us?"

"My answer to fully joining the Volturi is no," Rayne says.

"Not fully?" Caius asks, his blonde eyebrows furrow as he leans forward. "What do you mean?"

"I wish to help the Volturi whenever deames necessary," Rayne explains. "I will live in Forks with my girlfriend and my son, but if you guys ever absolutely need me, I will help."

"It is a smart offer, brother," Marcus speaks, his deep voice sending chills down Rayne's body.

"Jane," Aro speaks.

"Master?" The crimson eyes girl looks at her King.

"Bring Rayne to her chambers," Aro demands. "Miss Rhône, we will discuss your offer and get back to you first thing in the morning after our feed."

Rayne nods once before she is led down the halls by Jane. "Thank you for not hurting me."

Jane stops at the doors. "Master Caius would slaughter mean if I harmed you so I do not have a choice in the matter. Now sleep."

Rayne sighs as she hears the door slam when she enters. She changes into one of the silk nighties Sulpicia, Aro's mate and wife, said she put in there for her. The siren lays down and she allows herself to sleep.
(*****)

The Volturi wound up accepting Rayne's offer. They told her she is still apart of the Volturi, she is just 'stationed' in Forks, Washington.  Caius gets that she wants to be a mom first, so he has no complaints of her reasoning for staying in Forks. Aro and Marcus were surprised in Caius' willingness but said nothing.

The Cullens were thrilled about the idea of Rayne being a Volturi member. It means more protecting from them. Veronica and Alastair have moved to Seattle, bought themselves a home after Veronica finally visited Amelia's grave.

Quinton eventually found him a mate when Renesme reached full growth after seven years. Her name is Wendi. Wendi as a new local when Quinton met her.

A seven year old Charles is a huge 'pack's' boy. He's real close to Paul and the pack. He absolutely adores Sam. He thinks he's funny. He is so close to Seth and Leah...

Rayne had another baby with Paul's sperm, and had a girl. She named her girl Amelia Grace Rhône. Amelia is five now and looks just like Rayne. She will be a siren.

Jared and his imprint have a newborn baby named Iris Noelle Cameron. She has Kim's button nose but the rest of her feature are Jared.

(A/N: That was my story about a siren and a coven of vampires and a pack of shape shifting werewolves. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I loved writing it.)