Chapter 13

Rayne stares at Sam in disbelief, wolves!? Well, shifters... it isn't too shocking, especially since vampires exist. When Rayne got to Sam's, Sam and his bets, Jared Cameron, explained shifters to her.

"Wow," Rayne breathes out, her void is like music to the guys' ears. "I'm not technically a human, but I am."

"What do you mean?" Paul Lahote, omega, asks.

"According to things I found of my mother's after she died, I'm a siren," Rayne explains. "My singing is already alluring. I haven't grown a tail when swimming yet, though."

Paul snorts. "You're going to get a tail?"

"Paul, shut up," Sam demands. "Looks like we have some time to get to know one another, Miss Spears."

"Looks like it, huh?" Rayne smirks at Sam.

Paul eyes her and sighs. "Tell is about sirens."
_____________

Rayne talks to Sam, Paul, and Jared about sirens and what she knows about sirens for hours until Rosalie calls to check in. Emily Young, Sam's imprint and fiancé, answered the phone and called out to Rayne, interrupting their chat.

Rayne smiles at Sam before she approaches Emily, who is smiling warmly with the phone held out.

"Hello?" Rayne says into the phone as Emily continues mixing up the muffin batter.

"Rayne," Rosalie breaths as she pauses for a moment, Esme and Edward wait does a moment. "Are you okay? Are the mutts nice?"

"I'm fine, my Rose," Rayne replies and Emily smiles at the affectionate words. "The pack are not kutte, and they're nice... Although I think Paul is about to flip his lid in confusion because I'm explaining sirens."

Rosalie smiles. "Okay, I won't call them mutts again... when I'm talking to you."

"Okay, I can accept that," Rayne teases. "You should finish distracting James, I'm fine over here."

Rosalie sighs and Esme nods. "Okay. I... I'll see you when it's safe."

Rayne hangs up. "Need some help?" She asks the scarred human.

Emily smiles fondly. "Can you spray the muffin pan?"

Rayne nods and she grabs the can Emily hands her. Emily and Rayne work in the kitchen.

"Are you into guys, too?" Emily asks curiously.

"No, not at all," Rayne admits.

"Awe, thst sucks," Paul teases as he leans against the doorway. "And here I was thinking I had a chance."
___________

It wasn't until the next day when Rosalie called, ready to meet a wolf and Rayne at the treaty line. Paul was the one to run her to the border today.  The hothead is kind of sad that Rayne is leaving but he knows she is with the blonde.

Rayne pets Paul's snout and thanks him before she runs across the line and hugs Rosalie. Paul puts on a doggy grin and runs off. Rosalie grabs Rayne's overnight bag and they head to Rose's.

(I know, another short filler. I'm sorry.)