Chaptet 17

It's only been a week since the Cullens left, and Rayne hasn't let herself grow depressed. She is still with Rosalie, they never broke up. She's been spending all her time getting the house set up as her home and getting her stuff moved. Charlie Swan and his neighbor helped Rayne move.

Rayne plans on going to La Push today. She hadn't been to the Rez in over a week, the last day she was there was on her birthday. Paul texts her left and right, making sure she's okay. Paul grew worried instantly when Sam told them the Cullens left.

Rayne puts on some black yoga pants and a bright spaghettis strap along with a thick black cardigan. The siren pulls on some knee high brown boots and she pulls her hair into a high ponytail before putting on a black beanie. It was a birthday gift from Jared.

Once dressed, Rayne heads out to her car and she Davies to La Push without making pit stops. She parks behind Emily's jeep at her and Sam's place.

"Rayne!?" Emily gasps ass he runs toward her best friend.

Rayne grunts at the impact of Emily hugging her. "Hey!"

Sam steps out and he looks at Rayne. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah," Rayne replies as she looks at the wolf alpha.  "I'm fine."

Sam nods toward the house and they all walk in. Rayne doesn't even make it through the threshold when she is hugged again. Her face is buried into the mystery person's chest.

"Can't breath...." due to her suffocating, it comes out as ca bweeve,

"Paul, you're suffocating her," Sam says in amusement. "She's alive, remember that."

Paul grunts as he pulls away. "Hey, you."

"Hey, Paul," Rayne greets and she looks around the house. "God, I've missed the Rez."

"The Rez has missed you," Paul replies.

"Hold on," Rayne says and she goes outside, she calls the number Rosalie gave her.

"Hey, babe," Rosalie greets, she is in New York with Carlisle and Esme.

"Got a question," Rayne says. "I'm on the Rez and you know where you and I spoke of a family?"

"I remember," Rosalie replies hesitantly.

"I want to ask Paul to be a sperm donor," Rayne replies. "Is that okay?"

"Yes!" Rosalie replies. "You'll have a baby."

Rayne and Rosalie talk for a few more minutes until Rayne goes inside.

"Paul, can you call Rachel?" Rayne asks.

He nods and does so.
**********

In October, Paul and Rayne go to the sperm bank with Rachel. Paul donates his sperm and the doctor puts it into Rayne. Rachel can't have kids but she wants Paul to help someone out, help his friend out.
*****&***

November comes and Rayne took her first pregnancy test at Sam's. It came out positive. Emily insisted she take three more and go to the doctor to be sure. It was certain that Rayne was one month pregnant.
*********

On Christmas Day night, Rayne goes home from Sam and Emily's and she finds the front door wide open. She furrows her eyebrows and she walks inside slowly, a hand resting on her barely noticeable bump.

"Rayne!"

She gasps at the sound of a familiar french accent. Rayne slowly turns around and finds Laurent. Laurent is wearing some jeans along with a black v-neck and some brown boots.

"I need a place to stay," Laurent claims as he looks Rayne in the eyes. "I have been feeding from blood bags, not humans. I haven't hunted a human in a... in a long time. Can I stay with you?"

Rayne smiles and she nods. "Of course. You're the only one of your coven who probably doesn't want me dead."

"James did not smell your blood, you were safe from him," Laurent claims. "Victoria... I think she fears you. I quite like you, Rayne."

"Pick a room," Rayne says. "But the Black crimson room is mine."

"I know," Laurent replies and he disappears.

Rayne sighs before going to her room.