Chapter 34

Rayne watches Alice do Bella's makeup at the house.

"What did Rayne day about beauty sleep?" Alice asks in a scolding tone.

"Sorry, bad dream," Bella claims sheepishly. "It was wedding jitters."

"Do you need some help?" Rosalie asks as she walks in. "I could do her hair?"

"Really?" Bella asks her, shocked.

"Please," Rosalie muses. "I'm not offended by your choice of groom."

"Just my blatant respect for mortality."

"Essentially," Rosalie coos. "Rayne, Emmett has Charles."

"Lord," Rayne giggles.

"Weddings," Alice coos. "They bring everyone together."

Rosalie does her work on Bella's hair and it is about an hour and a half later when Renee, Bella's mother, falls out for her.

"In here, mom!"

Renee stems in the room. "Oh, my gosh!" Renee gasps when she sees her daughter all gussied up for her wedding. "You're so beautiful! Oh, honey." She begins to cry, happy tears. "Crap! My mascara."

Rayne grabs a handkerchief as Bella looks at her mom.

"Thanks," Renee says to Rayne. "Charlie, get in here!"

"You sure? I don't wanna..." Charlie steps in, wearing a suit. "I know, I look hot."

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Chief," Rayne winks.

"Hah," Charlie rolls his eyes. "We thought you needed something blue." He opens a gift box holding a jeweled their comb. "And something old... besides your mother."

"Nice," Renee scoffs playfully.

"It was grandma Swan's," Charlie informs his daughter, who picks up the comb.

"But we added the sapphires," Renee claims.

"It's beautiful, you guys," Bella smiles. "Wow. Thank you so much."

"It's your first family heirloom," Renee coos as Bella hands it to Alice to put it in her hair. "Pass it on to your daughter, and her daughter." Renee starts crying all over again.

"Mom, I love it," Bella coos and she goes to kiss her parents.

"Nope," Alice stops her. "No smudging my masterpiece."

"She's right," Renee coos..

"Okay!" Rayne chirps. "Time for the dress! Do you want to see it, mrs Bella's mom?"

"I want to see it!" Renee enthuses.
......

Rayne seat, she is sat beside Billy's wheelchair. Billy is holding Charles as he watches the wedding. Edward is doing his vows now. They e decided on the traditional vows.

After the I Do's and the kiss, Rayne is crying happy tears and she wolf whistles at the newly weds. She pushes Billy and Charles to the reception, where Seth takes Charles.

"Hey, kid," Seth greets him. "Can I take him to see my mom?"

"Go ahead," Rayne replies.

"Nice to see you."

Rayne turns to see that the newlyweds have approached Billy.

"I'm happy for you," Billy tells Edward honestly.

"Thank you," Edward says with a happy smile.

"I hope you'll be happy, Bella," Billy informs the new bride.

"Thank you, Billy," Bella says with a smile. "Have you heard from him?"

"I'm sure Jacob wishes you the best," Billy says. "Well, I plan on getting drunk after I see Charles one more time. They're serving up some pretty fancy champagne. Sue, can I get you a glass?"

Rayne smiles and she spots Seth approaching Billy with Charles. She spots Irina Denali glaring at the wolf and she blocks her view.  Irina quickly looks away.

Rayne smiles at Seth and Billy, who are fawning over her son.
.......

"Excuse me? Is this thing on? Hello?" Emmett says I to the microphone on the small stage. "Um, I'd like to propose a toast. To my new sister, Bella. I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last eighteen years. 'Cause you won't be getting any more for a while."

He returns to his seat with Quinton, Rayne, and baby Charles. Jessica is the next to go to the mic.

"Well, Bella was just like everyone else, totally mesmerized by Edward," Jessica says. "Or The Hair, as I call him. And then, suddenly, Edward is all about Bella. Even though she's not the captain of the volleyball team." She releases an awkward laugh. "I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. Or the president of the student council."

Charlie is up after her. "Edward will be a good husband. I know this because I'm a cop. I know things. Like how to hunt somebody down to the ends of the earth."

"Go Charlie," Rayne whispers, making Quinton laugh as he holds his grandson.

The toasts go on. Alice is going to changes Bella's fashion sense now that she's a Cullen and Charlie made sure Edward knew he can use a gun and he'd hurt him, or try to, if he hurts Bella.

"I'd like to thank Renee and Charlie for bringing such a wonderful person into the world and into our lives," Esme says into the mic. "We will cherish and protect her forever."

"It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to," Edward says and Rayne smiles as she watches him, holding Charles now. "And who will accept you for what you are. I've been waiting, for what seems like a very long time, to get behind what I am. And with Bella, I feel like I can finally begin. So I'd like to propose a roast to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let's start with forever."

"Oh damn it," Rayne grumbles. "I'm crying again."

Emmett laughs as he touches her shoulder.
^^^_______^^^^^

Rayne lays at home, she's back at her old house in a Forks. She is living her with Charles. She made Amelia's room into Charles' nursery, which is something Rayne is sure her mom would have wanted.

Rayne sits in the rocking chair and watches her son sleep.