Chapter 39

Bella and Edward come back to the house the following morning, Emmett is smirking shuffle as he feeds Charles a bottle of Rayne's breast milk she pumped the previous night. She's making up for lot time with Rosalie at their house; the house she moved to when she came to Forks.

"Wow, done already?" Emmett teases.

"Where's Renesme?" Bella asks, ignoring Emmett's comment.

"Alana stole her," Jacob replies as he watches Alana with the baby.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett smirks at her.

"Emmett," Bella chuckles. "No."

Emmett laughs as he burps Charles. "There ya go, man," he muses as the baby burps. "God, I wish I could burp again. I think it'd help."

Bella rises an eyebrow and the house phone rings, turning her attention from the... vamoire with a wild personality.

"Is that Charlie?" Bella asks.

"He's been calling twice a day," Edward informs his wife.

'He's in pretty rough shape," Jacob adds.

"Eventually we'll have to tell him you didn't make it," Carlisle speaks up.

"He needs to mourn, Bella."

Jacob nods, he agrees with Edward for once.

"Okay," Bella replies, "we'll do it tomorrow."

"I'm gonna miss this place," Emmett sighs as he holds a how sleeping Charles.

"We'll come back," Carlisle sighs, "we always do."

"Wait, nobody said anything about leaving." Rayne has walked in and is wanting to cry, Emmett's eyes widen.

"Once people believe that Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her," Carlisle informs the girl.

"So you just... disappear?" Jacob scoffs, Rayne frowns as she takes her baby from Emmett, who frowns at her.

"Jacob, Rayne... we don't have another choice."

"You always have a choice, Edward," Rayne growls. "I'll see you guys later."

She pushes past Rosalie and she leaves, heading to La Push to let Paul see Charles.
*********

Rayne is pacing in the foyer of the Cullens while Jasper holds Charles, watching her. Jacob told charlie he was a wolf and now, he's coming to meet Bella. Rayne is concerned about Bella because she is new and she isn't sure how well will be able to handle it.

"Rayne, he's here," Jasper says.

Carlisle comes downstairs and he smiles at Rayne before opening the door. "Hello, Charlie."

"Where's Bella?" Charlie asks.

Carlisle motions for Charlie to follow him. Rayne and Jasper go upstairs while Alana watches Charles downstairs.

"Bella?"

"Hi, dad," Bella greets him - so far, so good.

"Are you okay?" Charlie ASOS her.

"Never better," Bella replies. "Healthy as a horse."

"You don't turn into an animal, too?"

Rayne takes Charles from Jasper and she heads up to Rosalie's room. Rose takes the baby and let's him sleep on her while Rayne changes into something a bit comfier. Some yoga shorts and a Nirvana t-shirt she stole from Emmett's room.
....,

Jasper and Rayne go down to where Bella is when Charlie leaves, Emmett is pouting because Rayne looks 'better in his shiet', he said that. But he joins, too.

"Well done, Bella," Jasper says with a smile, Quinton has taken Charles to his home, which was the one he shared with Amelia, Rayne moved into the Cullen place again. "I've never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint."

"I'm not sure she is a newborn," Rayne teases with a smug grin. "She's so... tame."

"Little Emmett, don't antagonize her," Edward scolds, the nickname makes Emmett smirk. "She's the strongest in the house."

"Please," Emmett scoffs.

Emmett, being the competitive vampire he is, gets a tree trunk and gets it set up for an arm wrestling match. The two vampires get into position.

"Ok... in tree.... two... one!"

The match begins and Bella easily beats Emmett. She even gets a bit dramatic and hits the end of the stump, breaking it with ease. Emmett pouts in defeats and he looks at a smirking Rayne.

"You got strength," Emmett muses. "I'm in a competitive mood, Rayne. Don't leave a brother hanging.,