Chapter 26

Jasper goes downstairs when Rayne finally falls asleep, he sees everyone but Rosalie and Emmett. Emmett has taken over laying with Rayne.

"How is she?" Esme asks gently as Rosalie stays in the den downstairs.

"She's asleep, finally," Jasper replies. "She's thinking about staying with Paul instead of with us."

"She should go whenever she is happy," Esme coos. "Yes, I will miss her but maybe La Push is what's best for our siren and the baby. Charles should be with his own kind."

"I agree," Alana claims. "Rayne will be happy in La Push."
_______

Rayne sits in her new room at Paul's; sadly, his mom moved to the Makah tribe to be with her new boyfriend and her sistet. So now it's just Paul and Rayne living here. Paul had welcomed her in with open arms. After he had a word or two with Rosalie, and they weren't happy words.

Edward and Bella had just gotten back when Rayne was leaving the Cullens. She says goodbye to Edward, told him to ask Rosalie when he asked what happened. That confused him more than the fact Rayne was leaving for La Push.

Rayne has been unpacking since she got to Paul's, and now she's taking a break. She's glad he let her move in permanently. The two are best friends, have a,ways gotten along.

The siren knows that she will miss the Cullens and even Rosalie, but Rayne is sure she will be better off. The pack has always made her feel welcome, they have ever since they first met her. It took Jared a while to come around but he did eventually come around.

Rayne sighs as her belly growls and Charles kicks. She gets up and goes downstairs, where a shirtless Paul is in a heated makeout session with Rachel.

"Can you do that in your room?" Rayne asks and Rachel gasps, she's in a bra and tights, Paul glares. "I mean, unless you want me checking your girl out."

Paul snorts. "Yeah, little Emmett Cullen, I saw that one coming."

Rayne winks before she makes a kissy face at Rachel, who wolf whistles. Paul growls and he throws Rachel over his shoulder before carrying her upstairs, her giggling is heard throughout the house. The siren grins to herself as she grabs two pizzas from the freezer - a meat lovers pizza and a four cheese.

Rayne preheats the oven while washing her hands in the kitchen sink. The aroma of pizza will bring Paul and Rachel back down. She promised Sam she wouldn't  use her singing or humming to get her way unless it's a battle or something tonprotect the town from bad vampires.

Rayne puts the pizzas in the oven before she grabs a pitcher and some Kool-Aid packages, Wild cherry flavored. It isn't too long until Paul comes down in only ball shorts.

"I knew I smelled pizza," he grumbles as he enters the kitchen. "Little man hungry?"

"Yeah," Rayne replies. "If I we're into guys, I'd so hit you up. You're hot."

Paul smirks and he looks down at his abs, and looks at Rayne through his eyelashes. "Honey, you know I make you bi."

Rayne snorts and she laughs at Paul. The hot head smirks before he heads upstairs to grab a shirt. Rayne laughs for a while until she eventually calms herself.

Paul and Rachel come back down when the pizza is ready, and the trio sit around the dining room table. Rachel is glad that Paul is giving Rayne somewhere to stay after the breakup with Rosalie.

Rayne wants to move on and she kind of likes Leah Clearwater. She told Paul this, and he said he'd talk to Leah for her.

Rayne throws her paper plate away when she finishes eating and she goes to the bathroom before Paul does. The pack omega has a have it of hogging the hot water, only leaving cold for Rachel and Rayne. He sometimes forgets he doesn't live alone, anymore.

Rayne showers and the hot water relaxes the muscles in her back from moving. While on the kitchen counter, her phone is buzzing.

Paul manages to hear the phone and he walks away from Rachel. "Rayne's phone."

"Paul?" Jasper speaks up.

"Yeah," Paul grunts. "This Jasper?"

"Yes, sir," Jasper replies. "I was calling Rayne to check on her."

"She's in the shower," Paul grumbles. "She's going to try moving on, I'm gomma help her."

"Good," Jasper replies as he glances at Rosalie, who has been talking to Emmett. "I think Rosalie is trying to flirt with another's mate."

"I have to go, man," Paul states as he sees the time. "I have patrol."

Paul hangs up and he places Rayne's phone right back on the counter. He kisses Rachel before leaving for his patrol.