CHAPTER 6

Allison's POV

The hell! A warrant of arrest?! What did I do?!

The chief showed us a piece of paper and gave it to Levi. He looked at me, asking for permission to read it. I simply nodded. 

"This is a warrant of arrest to Ms. Allison Cruz for violating the law of the government. The suspect was accused in the case of FRAUD AND ROBBERY. Further explanation and investigation can be done in the police station.

Signed by 

Court of Justice, Police Station III"

Who's that hell who reported me to the police!? Levi looked at me as he finished reading what was written on the paper.

"That is not true!" I defended myself. For sure Boss Rom would get mad at me.

"Sorry Ms. Cruz but we need to bring you to jail and find a lawyer as soon as possible. Your explanation will also be entertained in the police station."

"What?! No!" Levi hissed. "You do not have enough evidence to put her in jail!" He added.

"We can show it in the police station but not here, Mr," the chief explained. I brushed my hair frustratedly. I deeply sighed. Law was always injustice!

I turned my eyes on Levi. "Call Boss Rom then just follow us in the police station."

"No, Ali! You can't come with them. You did not do anything!" He exclaimed again, trying to stop what I was thinking.

The police finally put the handcuff on my hands while I was still talking to him. "Tell him to find a lawyer for me, okay? I'll be good. Don't worry." 

I turned my eyes to the team. I formed a fake smile. "Vigilantes! Finish the event here and be back to your work as much as possible, okay?" 

The police pushed me as I walked with them. When we reached the police car, Levi ran towards me. He held my hand. Worry was evident on his eyes as he looked at me.

"I'm alright. I can handle this." 

I looked away and entered the police car. The car started and drove away from the orphanage. I left them with confusion. I came along with these policemen without an assurance in my fate.

Few minutes later, I did not notice that we were already here in the police station. I was spacing out for a minute. I deeply sighed and followed them as they stepped down from the car.

The police held my hand and pushed me to walk inside the police station. When we finally entered inside, different eyes were focused on me. Looking mad as if I made the worst case ever.

I never imagined that I would be here in this place as a suspect but not a lawyer. The hell!

The police station was like the Vigilante Association building but the difference was the police station was more wider than the association.

The police brought me in a mini room where two or three persons were allowed to enter. They ordered me to sit on the monobloc chair with the table in front. 

Few minutes later, a man wearing a jacket entered the room. He was bringing a folder. He looked at me and smirked then he sat down in front of me.

"I'm Mr. David Asuncion, an investigator," he introduced. "Did you know Mr. Arman Manabat?" He asked.

I shook my head. Whoever that person was I don't care about him.

Mr. David showed me a picture of a middle-aged businessman. "He is Mr. Arman Manabat, the person who accused you for fraud and robbery."